Ghati Subramanya Swamy Temple is one of the popular ancient Temple is located 12 km from Doddaballapur and about 60 Km from Bangalore.
This temple is dedicated to Lord Subramanya Swamy and Lord Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy.
The God of snakes, Lord Subramanya Swamy is also popularly known as Muruga, Saravana, Karthikeya and Shanmukha.
The uniqueness of the temple is Sri Subrahmanya Swamy is facing east in the form of a seven hooded cobra Snake and Sri Lakshmi Narasimha is facing west in a single image. A huge mirror is placed to see Narasimha swamy.
Devotees strongly believe that worshipping Lord Subrahmanya here bestows a child for the childless couples.
Special pooja’s will be performed on the day of Pushya shudda Shashti. Narasimha Jayanti is other major festival celebrated here. Marriage are also held here.
Free lunch is provided daily for the devotees by the temple authorities.
Sarpa Dosha Nivarana Poojas are performed in this temple.
Ghatikasura was killed by Lord Subramanya Swamy and hence the lord is named as Ghati Subramanya Swamy.
How to reach Ghati Subramanya Swamy Temple:
- Direct buses are available but they are not frequent.
- Local transportation is available from Doddaballapur to Ghati Subramanya.
- Nearest Railway station: Makali Durga on the Bangalore – Guntakal line.
- Nearest Airport: Bangalore
Temple Timings: 6.30 AM to 9.00 PM
Shri Subrahmanya Swamy Temple
S.S. Ghati Post,
Bangalore Rural district
Pin code: 561 203.
Phone Number – 080-27657131
Other Rahu Ketu Pooja Temples:
1) Sri Naganathaswamy Temple Thirunageswaram, Kumbakonam.
2) Trimbakeshwar Temple, Nashik.
3) Sri Raja Rajeshwari Temple In Nellore.
4) Sri Valli Devasena Sametha Sri Subramanya Swamy Temple Chittoor.
5) Sri Kalahasteeswara Swamy Sri Kalahasti.
6) Japali Anajaney Swamy Temple Tirumala.
7) Sri Thathaya Gunta Gangamma in Tirupati.
8) Kukke Subramanya Swamy Temple