In horoscope, if all planets are placed between Rahu and Ketu, then formation is known as Kaal Sarp Dosha [Yog].
One who has Kal Sarpa Dosha [Yog] would face difficulties in leading a happy life. One might have problems in married life. One might have financial losses and various health problems. One would not get any children. One might have job problems and many more. Kaal Sarp Dosha can be cured by worshiping to Lord Shiva. One of the most significant places of worshipping Maha Deva is Srikalahasti.
Here we give the details about Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja at Sri Kalahasti.
Uniqueness of Sri Kalahasteeswara Swamy at Sri Kalahasti Temple:
There is uniqueness of the Idol at Sree Kalahasthi Temple. Here, Lord Siva clearly has all 27 Nakshatras [stars] and 9 Rashis in his Kavacham.
Sri Kalahasti temple is the only temple that remains open during Grahanam [Solar and Lunar Eclipse] too.
Even priests never touch the Shiva lingam with their hands.
Rahu Kethu Puja/Sarpa Dosha Puja:
Rahu- Ketu Sarp Dosha Puja is performed in order to decrease ill effects of Dosha [Yog]. Thousands of devotees perform this Puja in Srikalahasti and get their expected results.
Rahu-Ketu Puja is different from other pujas. There are no Homa or Hawana [fire ceremony]. This puja is done by chanting mantras for the twin snakes made of metal strips. These metal strips represent Rahu and Kethu.
Mantra recitations and Puja is done by Sankalpa of the person’s Gotra and Janma Nakshatra.
There is no need to discard your clothes or having a bath after the puja. You can go home in the same clothes.
Puja Samagri: Two metal image of Rahu and Ketu. There is Laddu and Vada Prasadam. Flowers are received from different counter. Also, devotee gets Vermillion [sindoor] and Turmeric [haldi] at Rahu Ketu Puja Samgri.
Good result can be attained by doing Kaal Sarpa Dosha Nivarani puja twice a year. Once in Dakshinayanam [July 15th to Jan 15th] night time for Celestials. The other is in Uttarayanam [Jan 15th to July 15th] day time for Celestials.
Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja Rates:
For Rs: 300/- Puja is performed in a hall outside the temple premises.
For Rs: 750/- Puja is performed near the main temple premises in an A/C hall that has Shiva Sannidhi inside.
For Rs: 1500/- Rahu Kethu puja is performed inside the temple premises.
For Rs: 2500/ VIP Ticket Rahu Ketu Puja is performed inside the temple premises.
For all these Tickets 1 + 1 Adult with One Kid is allowed
Sri Kalahastiswara Swamy Temple will open at 5.30 A.M and will be closed at 8.30 P.M.
1) Do’s and Dont’s after performing the Kaal Sarp Dosha Puja
2) Take a head bath before performing the Puja.
3) Females should perform the Puja before or after eight days of Menstruation.
4) Consult a good Astrologer and seek the guidance to perform the puja according to your Janma Nakshathra.
1) Do not visit Friends or Relatives house on the way back to your home after Rahu Ketu Puja.
2) Pregnant ladies should not perform the Dosha Nivarana pujas in the temple. Avoid visiting temples where any type of Dosha Nivaran Puja is performed.
3) Do not offer Sastanga Namaskara in any Naga Devatha temple.
4) Do not visit the Temple with oiled hair.