Goddess Durga is the most powerful manifestation of the absolute energy permeated in the universe and there are countless number of temples in India, dedicated to the Goddess. No doubt these temples promote the true values of the culture and philosophy of Hindu religion. Besides, the people of Hindu community get an opportunity to learn and exhibit various aspects of Goddess Durga, through participation in the traditional customs and rituals performed in these temples.
Famous Parvati Temples in India:
1) Vaishno Devi Temple, Jammu and Kashmir
2) Kamakhya Temple, Guwahati, Assam
3) Mansa Devi Temple, Churu, Rajasthan
4) Karni Mata Temple, Deshnoke, Rajasthan.
5) Chamunda Devi Temple, Himachal Pradesh
6) Kalkaji Mandir, Delhi
7) Durgiana Temple, Amritsar, Punjab
8) Amba Mata Temple, Junagadh, Gujarat
9) Chartarpur Temples, Delhi
10) Jwalamukhi Temple, Himachal pradesh
11) Naina Devi Temple, Nainital, Uttar Pradesh.
12) Mookambika Devi Temple of Kollur, Karnataka
13) Vidyashankara Temple at Sringere, Karnataka
14) Chamundeswari Temple of Chamundi Hill, Mysore