During the 12 months of the Tamil calendar year, every month there is a festival in Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareshwarar Temple.
Festivals Celebrated in Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple:
1) In Chithirai Month Chithirai Brahamostavam – Arumigu Thirukkalyanam..
2) In Vaikasi Month Vasantham Festival.
3) In Aani Month Unjal Festival.
4) In Aadi Month Aadi – Mulai Kottu – Festival.
5) In Aavani Month Aavani Moolam Festival – ” Puttukku Mansumantha Leela Festival”.
6) In Purattasi Month Navarathri festival.
7) In Ayppasi Month Kolattam Festival.
8) In Karthikai Month Kolattam Festival.
9) In Margali Month Thiruvathirai – Arudhra Dharsan Festival and Thiruvembavai and Thiruppavai Festival.
10) In Thai Month Major portion of utsavam performed in A/M Meenakshi Sundareswarar temple. Thepporstovam in A/M Mariyamman temple theppam.
11) In Masi Month Masi – Mandala utsavam for 48 days.
12) In Panguni Month Summar Vasantham Festival.