My Lord Nitai is the Jewel of all Transcendental Qualities, By Srila Locana dasa Thakura.
NITAI GUNA-MANI AMARA Lyrics:
nitai guna-mani amara, nitai guna-mani
aniya premera banya bhasailo avani
premera banya loiya nitai aila gauda-dese
dubilo bhakata-gana dina hina bhase
dina hina patita pamara nahi bachhe
brahmara durlabha prema sabakare jache
abaddha karuna-sindhu katiya muhana
ghare ghare bule prema-amiyara bana
lochan bole hena nitai jeba na bhajilo
janiya suniya sei atma-ghati hoilo
NITAI GUNA-MANI AMARA Meaning:
It is said that Srila Nityananda Prabhu is more merciful, more magnanimous, more munificent than Sriman Gauranga (Sri Caitanya) Mahaprabhu.
1) My Nitai is the jewel of transcendental qualities, the jewel of transcendental qualities. Bringing the flood of prema, He inundated the earth.
2) Sri Nitai came to Gauda-desa with a flood of krishna-prema. dubilo bhakata-gana dina hind bhase, those who are bhaktas drowned in that flood, premera banya. But the dina hina, the fallen souls and unfortunate, floated on the surface!
3) Lord Nityananda Prabhu offers this pure love of Godhead, pure love of Krishna indiscriminately. He distributes this prema with two hands! He never discriminates whether one is patita or pamara: most degraded, most fallen or most elevated, qualified or not qualified. He never discriminates. Even it is very difficult for Brahma to get such prema. But Sri Nitai gives indiscriminately.
4) That prema is karuna-sindhu—like an ocean of mercy. Nitai broke down the strong embankment of the ocean of love. Completely devastated that dam! That ocean of love is an unlimited ocean of love. So then there was a heavy rush flowing, heavy rush! Such a flood came. A flood in every home. That flood came to every home. It inundated the whole world!
5) Locana says, “He is an unfortunate fellow who does not take shelter of Nitai and does not do the bhajana of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, begging for the mercy of Sri Nitai. He willingly commits suicide.