Tirupati Kapila Theertham is also known as Chakratalwar Theertham, Azhwar Theertham, Alwar Theertham and Nalavani Gundam. Kapileshwar temple is also in the same premises. The temple is open from 5:00 AM till 4:00 PM and from 4:30 PM till 9:00 PM.
- This was called Chakra Theertham during Acthyutha Rayulu Hayam.
- This theertham is in Sri Kapileswara Swamy Temple, located inside on the way from Tirupati Railway Station/Bus stand to the foothills of Seshadri hills or Alipiri about 3 km from the bus stand is enshrined with a Lingam. The Landmark is called Nandi Circle.
- Bhavishyottara Puranam says that Vakuladevi, before going to Aakaasharaja to discuss Lord Srinivasa’s marriage to Sri Padmavathi Devi, took a holy bath at Kapila Theertham as ordained by the Lord.
- According to Varaha Puranam, in Krutha Yuga in Pathala Loka, Kapila Maharshi incorporated a Siva linga and used it to save. Day by day, this linga used to shine and increased in size dividing the earth and stood at the corner of Sri Venkatachala temple. Linga split the earth by making an opening in the earth through a deep concavity. Kapila himself is considered an incarnation of Sri Maha Vishnu.
- To stop the increase in the size of the linga, Sri Maha Vishnu protected it as Gopala, Lord Brahma as Kapila Denuvu (cow) by pouring milk on the linga. Linga convinced himself to pray and stood at the corner of Venkatadri hill inside a cave-like Swayambhu. Goddess Ganga also opened with the linga from f Patala.
- Water from the hole is the Kapila Tirtha possesses powers to destroy sins.
Kapila Theertham Significance:
During Kartika Masam, on the evening of the full moon day, all the Theertham of the three worlds gather in Kapila Theertham. If someone takes a bath during this period, he/she will get rid of all sins and go to the world of Bramha. The result of a gift of gold the size of Meru Mountain will be obtained simply by giving the gold the size of a sesame seed in this Theertham. Give Chandra Lokam simply by giving a handful of rice. One will get Swarga, Kailasa, Vaikuntha and Bramha Lokams by giving a cow, donating land, imparting knowledge, giving a girl or doing upadesam mantra. One who chants the mantra “Ayanthi sarva theerdhaani madhyahne kaapilam saraha” and bathes in the evening of a full moon day during Kartika Masam will get the above result.
Tirupati Kapila Theertham Address:
KT Road, Srinivasa Nagar,
Andhra Pradesh – 517507.