During the 12 months of the Tamil calendar year, every month there is a festival in Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareshwarar Temple.
Festivals Celebrated in Madurai Meenakshi Temple:
- In Chithirai Month Chithirai Brahamostavam – Arumigu Thirukkalyanam..
- In Vaikasi Month Vasantham Festival.
- In Aani Month Unjal Festival.
- In Aadi Month Aadi – Mulai Kottu – Festival.
- In Aavani Month Aavani Moolam Festival – ” Puttukku Mansumantha Leela Festival”.
- In Purattasi Month Navarathri festival.
- In Ayppasi Month Kolattam Festival.
- In Karthikai Month Kolattam Festival.
- In Margali Month Thiruvathirai – Arudhra Dharsan Festival and Thiruvembavai and Thiruppavai Festival.
- In Thai Month Major portion of utsavam is performed in A/M Meenakshi Sundareswarar temple. Thepporstovam in A/M Mariyamman temple theppam.
- In Masi Month Masi – Mandala utsavam for 48 days.
- In Panguni Month Summar Vasantham Festival.