Jagadananda Karaka in English :
॥ jagadānanda kārakā ॥
Jagadananda Karaka Pancha Rathna Keerthanam I was composed by Saint Thyagaraja
Jagadananda Karaka jaya janaki prana nayaka
Gaganadhipa sathkulaja raja rajeswara
Sugunakara sura sevya bhavya dhayaka sada sakala
1) Amara tharaka nichaya kumuda rahitha paripoornanagha
Sura sura bhuja dadhi payodhi vasa harana
Sundhara thara vadana sudha maya vacho bruntha Govinda
Sananda mavara ajaraptha shubhakaraneka
(The order of the verses in different versions vary.)
2) Nigama neerajamrutha poshakaa nimisha vairi,
Varidha sameerana khaga thuranga sathkavi hrudayalaya
Aganitha vaanaradhipa nathangri yuga
3) Indra neelamani sannibhapa Ghana chandra soorya nayana prameya vaa
Gheendra janaka sakalesa shubha nagendra sayana samana vairi sannutha
4) Karadruta sara jalaasura madhaapa haranaa vane sura suraavana,
Kaveeja bhilaja mouni krutha charitha sannutha Sri Thyagaraja sannutha
5) Srushti sthithyantha karaka amitha kamitha phaladha asamana gathra
SAchepathi suthabdhi mada hara anuraga raga rajitha kadha sara hitha
6) Pada vijitha mouni saapa sama paripala vara manthra Grahana lola,
Parama santhi chitha janakajadhipa Saroja bhava varadhakila
7) Purana purusha nruvarathajasritha paraadheena Khara viraadha Ravana
Viravana anagha Parasara manohara avikrutha Thyagaraja sannutha
8) Sajjana manasabhdhi sudhakara kusuma vimana surasaripu karabhja
Lalitha charana avaguna sura gana madha harana Sanathana janutha
9) Omkara panjara keera pura hara Saroja bhava keshavaadhi roopa,
Vasava ripu janakanthaka kaladhara kaladharaptha grunakara,
SAranagatha jana palana sumanoramana nirvikara nigama sara thara
10) Aganitha guna kanaka chelas ala vidhalana arunabha samana charana
Apara mahimadbhutha suka vijana hrud sadana sura muni gana vihitha,
Kalasa neera nidhijaramana papa gaja nrusimha vara thyagarajadhi nutha
Duduku Gala Nanne Meaning:
Victory to the cause of happiness of the world,
Who is lord of the soul of Sita.
He who is born in the lord of the sky,
He who is the king of kings who causes good conduct,
Who is served by devas, who grants humility and
Who is forever and in everything.
1) He who is the divine star who always does good to lotus,
Who is complete , devoid of sin , who is the helping hand for Gods,
Who is the famous thief of curd and butter and cloths of women,
Who has prettiest face , who talks nectar like words,
Who is a cowherd , who is ever happy who is consort of Lakshmi,
And who ensures safety of all worlds.
2) He who nourishes the nectar as well as Goddess Lakshmi,
He who is the wind that scatters the enemies of Devas,
He whose feet are saluted by innumerable monkeys.
3) He who is body is of the colour of blue Sapphire,
He whose eyes are Sun and moon , He whose divinity cannot be measured
He who is the father the lord of words, He who sleeps on the good serpent
He who is praised by the enemy of the God of death.
4) He who holds several arrows in his hand, He who destroys the pride of asuras,
He who is the protector of devas and Asuras, He whose story is praised by great poets,
He who is the one praised by Thyagaraja.
(No.8 in another version)
5) He who causes creation , upkeep and destruction, he who is limitless,
He who gives desired results, He who has incomparable strength,
He who is praised by the consort of Sachi*, He who destroyed pride of ocean,
He who creates soulful music, He who is kind to every one.
6) He who won the feet of sage when he cursed him, He who looks after all equally,
He who is eager to know blessed mantras, He who has a mind which is very peaceful,.
He who is the Lord of Janaka’s daughter, He who blesses Brahma and also takes care of the entire world.
7) He who is first Purusha, He who is son of a king, He who is slave of his devotees,
He who killed Khara, Ravana and Viradha, He who is sinless. He who is not dependent on others,
He who is pretty, He who is stable , He who is praised by Thyagaraja.
8) He who is the cooler of the heart of good people, He who rides on the plane of lotus,
He whose feet are worshipped by Hanuman, the enemy of Surasa,
He who destroyed the pride of the group of Asuras,
He who is perennial and praised by Lord Brahma.
9) He who is in the cage of Pranava, He who has the form of Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu,
He who is the enemy of Ravana, He who supports arts, He who is the treasure of pity,
He who takes care of people surrendering to him , He who makes mind happy,
He who does not have emotions, He who is the essence of Vedas.
10) He who has countless virtues, He who wears golden robes,
He who subdued the seven sala trees, He who has shining feet,
He who is very great and wonderful fame ,
He who lives in the heart of great poets, He who takes care of sages and devas,
He who is the consort one who was born out of the ocean,
He who likes Narasimha destroys sins as big as elephant,
And he who is being sung and praised by Thyagaraja.