Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Thirukarukavur Garbarakshambigai Temple along with their answers:
This temple is located in Thirukarukavur village in Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, South India. The co-ordinates for this temple are 10.86N, 79.27E. Click here to help Google find this location.
1) The temple is an ancient Shiva temple. It dates back to 6th century. The three famous Nayanmaars Thirunavukarasar, Thirugnanasambandhar and Sundarar have sung praise of this God and Goddess in soul stirring verses.
2) This temple is located on the banks of river Vettaar, a branch of sacred river Cauvery. This is the first temple to be worshipped in Pancha Aaranya (five forest temples) sequence. The other temples are Alangudi, Avalivanallur, and Thirukollampudur.
3) The Swami (prime deity), Vinayagar (Ganesha) and Nandhi (Sacred bull) are Suyambu i.e, self manifested. Swamy is made up of hardened Ant Hill mud. Hence no Abishegam (holy bath) is offered to God.
4) Once upon a time this place was a Jasmine (Mullai) forest. Numerous Sidhars and Yogis have done penance in this place. They are said to have taught their disciples under Banyan trees. One can still see number of Banyan trees on their way to this temple. Since this Swamy is self manifested mullai creepers have grown around the Lingam. The impression of it has been marked over the Lingam. The temple priest will show it to you every time while he is doing Deeparathana.
5) Niruthi is a Devata or God residing in Southwest direction who plays an important part in ancestors (History). Here Vinayagar is located as Nirudhi Vinayagar who wards of the evil sin committed by ancestors of the devotee.
6) Somaskandamurthi is one of the main aspects of Lord Siva. The representation of the child Murugan in between Lord Siva and Goddess Parvathi is mainly intended to emphasize the importance of the child in family life. Here Subramaniyar (Murugan) Sanndhi is located in such a way that it is in between his parents God Shiva (Mullaivananathar) and Goddess Parvathi (Garbarakshambigai). This is better explained in our Facebook page.
7) Mullai tree is the Thala Virutcham (Holy tree) in this temple.
8) The well beside the Holy tree is sacred.
9) Various rulers in Pallava, Chozha dynasty have endowed land for this temple and they have been marked as inscription in granite stones affixed adjacent to the Vimana of Swamy Sannadhi.
10) Goddess Garbarakshambigai bless for early marriage, cures infertility related problem to conceive and bless for safe and trouble-free delivery. She is 7 feet tall and bless with a standing posture with a divine grace with one hand resting of the lower hip as if protecting the woman and the other with and the Abhaya Mudra symbolizing protection, peace and dispelling of fear.
11) The temple pond before the entrance has been created by Divine Cow Kamadhenu to feed child, Naidhuruvan and it is named as Ksheera Kundam. (Milk pond)
12) Till now there is no maternity death reported in this village (Thirukarukavur) where our beloved Goddess resides.
1) Ghee prasadam pooja. (To conceive)
2) Castor oil prasadam pooja. (For Safe delivery)
3) Punugu sattam pooja. (For better health)
6) Kattalai Archanai.
7) Nava kodi nei theepam (nine crore ghee lamps)
8) Sandana kappu. (Sandal Paste offering)
9) Thanga thottil
11) Ear boring and Head tonsure.
Details of each pooja have been explained in Poojas Page
Ghee prasadam Pooja has to be offered for conceiving.
The ghee after doing pooja in the temple/after receiving through parcel from this temple has to be mixed with ½ kg of pure cow ghee and the couples should take a teaspoonful of ghee before going to bed.
1/2kg of pure cow ghee
The ghee is advised to be taken before going to bed at night.
There are no food and medicine restrictions while taking ghee prasadam.
No. The Couples should not be at separate locations while taking ghee prasadam.
Take the ghee prasadam before going to bed. We request you to understand the true spirit before taking the prasadam.
Congrats. You may not take further Ghee prasadam. Use the remaining ghee for some religious use or mix it in holy water in nearby temple.
Normally we receive mails that the devotee got conceived during intake of ghee prasadam. Some people have asked us this query. We advise you to trust in Her and recite the manthra meant to conceive regularly. We will hear good news from you soon.
We are advising the devotees to take ghee prasadam without break. But if a break happens due to unavoidable circumstances like unplanned travel etc it is not sinful. Complete it in 48 days excluding the break period.
No. This divine Goddess is residing here to bless childless women to conceive and get safe delivery. Ambal blessing Vedhigai with a beautiful son has been misunderstood. All children are equal and all are bundle of joy.
Om Devendhirani Namasdubhyam, Devendhira Priya Bamini,
Vivaha Bhaghyam , Aroghyam, Puthra Labamsa thehimey,
Bathim Dhehi ,Sudham Dhehi, Soubaghyam Dhehimey,
Subey, Sowmangalyam, Subham Gnanam, Dheimey
Karbarakshake, Kathyayini mahaa maye,
Maha Yoghinya Dheeswari, Nandhagopa Sudham Dhevam
Pathim Mey Gurudhey Nama.*
The blessed castor oil is given as prasadam for pregnant women for safe and trouble free delivery.
Normally the oil is advised to be applied in lower abdomen during pain i.e around eighth month. But these days people are requesting oil much early. Therefore, you can get blessed oil from the third month of your pregnancy. We do not send more than 1 prasadam at a time.
As mentioned above, oil is advised to be applied in lower abdomen during pain i.e around eighth month. But these days people are requesting oil much early. Therefore, you can get blessed oil from the third month of your pregnancy.
Prathana Sloga For Easy Delivery:
Hey, Shankara Smarahara Brahmadhathi
Nathari Mannatha Samba Sasisooda
Harathiri soolin sambo sugaprasava Grithbavamey
Dayalo, Hey Madhavi Vanesa Palaiyamaam Namasthey
Another Sloga For Easy Delivery:
Himavat Uttharey, Parswey, Suratha Namayakshinee,
Thasya, Smarana, Mathrena, Visalya, Gharbinee bavedhu.
(Both Mantras can be recited).
History says that Shri Garbarakshambigai Amman blessed her ardent devotee Vedhikai to conceive and when Vedhikai almost lost her fetus, Goddess Garbarakshambigai came to her rescue, protected her fetus and blessed her for safe delivery. While Vedhigai had low supply of mother’s milk she prayed to Goddess and the Almighty asked Divine Cow Kamadhenu to create a milk pond. Kamadhenu scratched the earth with her hoof, and created pond. This pond is before the entrance of this temple and it called as Ksheera Kundam meaning milk pond. Therefore new mothers who have low supply of mother’s milk can do milk Abishegam to Goddess. The temple procures cow milk from nearby and performs Abishegam to Goddess. You have to inform the temple officials beforehand about the quantity of milk you prefer to do Abishegam.
You can thank Goddess by offering the following prayers.
1) Thanga thottil
2) Thulaa baram
3) Ear boring and Tonsure to child.
The details of each pooja have been explained in poojas page of this website.
In this temple we have one unique way of thanking Goddess Garbarakshambigai for her benevolence. It is called Thanga Thottil/Swarna Thottil prarthanai (prayer). People blessed by divine Mother offer their thanks to Goddess for her benevolence, by laying their babies in Thanga Thottil (Golden cradle) and come around one pradakshanam around Amman Sannadhi (Sanctorum). Photos and videos are allowed to be taken and can be posted in social networking sites. The cost of the Prarthanai is Rs.550. There is no pre-booking for it.
Rs.550 Indian Rupee
No. The child must be present in this temple to offer this prayer.
No. The child must be present in this temple to offer this prayer.
This is an age old tradition which is followed in many temples. Placing your child in one plate of the weighing scale and balancing the other with goods is called Thulabharam. We accept all kinds of materials like Ghee, oil, food grains, fruits, flowers, currency coins, gold, silver etc in Thulabaram. There is no advance booking to it. This prayer is performed in front of Amman Sannadhi (sanctorum).
We accept all kinds of materials like Ghee, oil, food grains, fruits, flowers, currency coins, gold, silver etc in Thulabaram
Ambal is beautified by the sarees offered by devotees. You may send it through courier. Prasadams will be sent to you. Sarees preferably with materials such as silk and cotton are acceptable. We request you to avoid Polyester, Poly-cotton and low quality sarees. Sarees after being worn to Ambal have been given to poor and needy temples and nearby old age homes. The remaining sarees are being sold in auction at subsidized rates.
Donations in all form are acceptable. You may remit your money through online. See payments page for further details.
All auspicious functions commence with the lighting of the lamp, which is often maintained right through the occasion. Light symbolizes knowledge, and darkness – ignorance. Therefore the temple administration has initiated a unique scheme called Navakodi ghee theepam i.e, nine crore ghee lamp lights. Navakodi ghee prayer is performed to ward of the sins committed by our ancestors.
Thirukarukavur is a remote village and the single post office has to cater to the demands of surrounding villages. Therefore postal officials collect those money orders and hand over to us once in a week. The received money orders have to be entered in registers according to the requests and processed. This causes a delay of more than 10 days. Nowadays we are receiving electronic money order, in which space for communication is very less, therefore devotees cannot enter their specific pooja request. The temple administration cannot categorize the request, so after performing archanai we send prasadam to that address. If you are sending money through money order please write a letter to us mentioning the last 5 digits of the money order number about the particulars of pooja etc or simply fill the online booking form mentioning your money order number.
The money received through money order and DD has to be entered in books of accounts and according to requests it has to be entered in specific registers and then pooja is being conducted and prasadams are dispatched. This process takes more than 10 days. But if you have not received prasadam after 15 days of booking you may inquire the status with temple officials by calling this number 088700 58269 during office hours
DD and Cheque transactions invite collection fees from bankers. Therefore devotees are requested to send additional Rs.30/- as collection charges.
The demand draft should be drawn in favor of “Executive officer, Shri Mullaivananathar temple, Thirukarukavur”, payable at Thanjavur.
Prasadams to cheque transactions are dispatched after realisation of cheque.
Garbarakshambigai Temple Online Booking
|Puja||Shipping in India||Shipping Outside India||Online Booking|
|Ghee Prasadam for Conceiving||1500 INR||51 USD||Book Now|
|Oil Prasadam for Pregnancy||1500 INR||51 USD||Book Now|
|Punugu Sattam||1500 INR||51 USD||Not Available|
Rates inclusive of packing and shipping charges:
We ship using Indian Speed Post. Delivery within India takes 5-8 days after the date of performing puja. Delivery outside India takes 15 – 20 days after the date of performing puja.
The Executive officer,
Shri Mullaivananatharswamy and Garbarakshambigai Amman temple,
Pin code: 614 302.
We have detailed every road routes to this temple and the poojas offered in this temple in this website. For further clarification ask them to call temple official in 04374-273423. But please do not use this number for any preference in dharshan.
No. There is no special dharshan counter in this temple. Apart from Sundays that too during 8.30am to 1:00 PM which invite large devotees, you can have a pleasant dharshan of deities.
All day are auspicious day. There is no special day for pooja. Some people do their poojas during Ambal Birth star ‘Pooram’.
All day are auspicious day.
We are sending prasadam to all countries. Some devotees from Middle East have informed that Hindu deity prasadams are prohibited there and they receive it through their Indian address.
We are receiving information that people residing outside India have difficulty in transferring money. We would suggest transferring the money through your ‘Indian’ account or you may ask your friends or relatives residing in India to transfer on behalf of you. Services such as ‘Western Union’ and postal Cheque are not advisable. After debiting money send an email by filling the online booking form.
Normally prasadams take 15 days to reach UK, Australia, Singapore, Thailand and Japan. For US prasadams are delivered in 20-25 days.
We are using ‘Professional Courier’ services to send prasadam in India. Further we are sending prasadams through India Post to villages that are not covered under this courier. All Overseas parcels are sent through India Post Registered Parcel.
The tracking number for your prasadams can be obtained through personal request email. The websites for tracking is given below.
Please note that ordinary Indian post prasadams such as Archanai and Punugu prasadams do not have tracking number.
All suggestions and comments for improvement of this temple are welcome. You may contact us through our phone number and email.
The Land line number is 00-91-4374-273423.
The mobile number is 88700 58269
All prarthanas can be performed during worship hours of this temple. Timings are explained in Home page.
Both the accounts are savings account.
There is a private lodge and a seva maiam present in Thirukarukavur. Both the accommodations are not connected to temple.
We have detailed route in Travel page of this site.
It depends upon the day you arrive. On normal days these poojas can be performed in 60 mins but during Sundays these poojas can be performed in 120 to 180 mins.
We do not send prasadams in courier to overseas address because it is much costlier than India post registered parcel. Further we do not have overseas courier services such as FEDEX/DHL near Thirukarukavur.
E-Mail anytime for any query: firstname.lastname@example.org