- Kamakhya Devi Temple Timings are from 5:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 2:30 PM and 5.15 PM
- Kamakhya Temple is situated on Nilachal Hill in the western part of Guwahati city in the State of Assam.
- Goddess Kamakhya is an incarnation of Goddess Parvathi.
- Here Lord Shiva is worshipped as Umanand.
- Kamakhya Devi Temple is one of the Shakti Peethas
- Ambubachi Mela is organized every year in the month of June.
- The temple remains closed for three days i.e. from June 22 – 24. After three days the temple is opened for darshan.
- During this fair, the water of the Brahmaputra River turns red.
- Pujas like Vasanti Puja, Durgadeul, Madandeul, Pohan Biya, Durga Puja Ambubachi Puja, Mansaa Puja will be in particular months not every day.
- Sati Devi’s Womb had fallen here and the temple is also one of the Shakti Peetas.
- This temple was also mentioned in Kalika Purana.
- This temple was built in the 8th – 9th century and renovated many times.
- Ambubachi Mela and Navratri attract many devotees.
- Kamakhya Dress Code: Traditional dress is allowed for darshan.
Sri Kamakhya Devi Temple Timings:
5.30 AM – Snana of the Pithasthana
6.00 AM – Nithya Puja
8.00 AM – Temple open for devotees
1.00 PM – Temple door closed, offerings to goddess followed by devotees
2.30 PM – Temple door reopens for devotees
5.15 PM – Temple door closes
7.30 PM – Aarati of Goddess
Note: Sri Kamakhya Devi Temple’s Timings may change on festival days and holidays.
Kamakhya Temple Address:
Assam – 781010.