Anam Vivekananda Reddy is representing Nellore Assembly Constituency in Andhra Pradesh. He won 3 terms from the Nellore constituency on the Congress Party ticket, now in TDP. Vivekananda Reddy is the brother of Anam Ramanarayana Reddy, who is the minister for Information and Public Relations in the cabinets of YS Rajasekhar Reddy, K Rosaiah and the minister for finance in the cabinet of N. Kiran Kumar Reddy. Anam Vivekananda Reddy is a strong protagonist of United Andhra Pradesh. Known as Anam Brothers, Vivekananda Reddy and Ramanarayana Reddy initially tilted towards YS Jagan Mohan Reddy after the death of YSR and later changed loyalties to the Congress party.
Anam brothers have a political rivalry with the Mekapati brothers in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh. MP of the Congress Party Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy and his MLA brother Mekapati Chandra Sekhar Reddy are strong supporters of the YSR Congress Party and Jagan Mohan Reddy. Both groups may influence district politics to a greater extent in the 2014 Assembly elections.
Brief profile – cum – biodata of Anam Vivekananda Reddy:
Anam Vivekananda Reddy belongs to General Category and his father’s name is Sri A. Venkata Reddy. Anam’s permanent address is H.No.14 / 147, Kapu Street, Nellore, Nellore District. He was born on 23rd December 1950 at Nellore. He studied B.A., (B.G.L.) and settled in Agriculture. He was elected thrice to AP Assembly. He also served as President of District Land Mortgage Bank, Nellore (1982), Councillor and Vice-Chairman of Nellore Municipality (1982), President of District Central Co-Operative Bank, Nellore, Correspondent and Secretary of S.V.G.S. College, Nellore (1988) and V.R. College, Nellore (1988), Chairman of Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple, Nellore (1994), Municipality of Nellore (1995) and President of Chamber of Municipal Chairman, 1996. Anam Vivekananda Reddy married A. Himavathi and they have two sons. Sports and games are his hobbies.
- President, District Land Mortgage Bank, Nellore (1982)
- Councilor & Vice-Chairman, Municipality, Nellore (1982)
- President, District Central Co-Operative Bank, Nellore.
- Correspondent Secretary of S.V.G.S. College, Nellore (1988)
- Correspondent & Secretary of V.R. College, Nellore (1988)
- Chairman, Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple, Nellore (1994)
- Chairman, Municipality, Nellore (1995)
- President, Chamber of Municipal Chairman, 1996
- MLA, Nellore – Congress (I) 1999 – 2004
- MLA, Nellore – Congress (I) 2004 – 2014