Madurai Meenakshi Temple or Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareshwarar Temple is a historic Shakthi temple located on the southern bank of the Vaigai River in the temple city of Madurai, Tamilnadu. Here the main deities are Goddess Meenakshi (Parvati Devi) and her consort, Sundareshwar (Lord Shiva). This temple is one of the Paadal Petra Sthalam.
Madurai Meenakshi Temple Timings:
Morning: 5.00 am to 12.30 pm
Evening: 4.00 pm to 10.00 pm
1) Thiruvanandal Pooja from 5.00 AM to 6.00 AM.
2) Vizha pooja from 6.30 AM to 7.15 AM.
3) Kalasandhi Pooja from 6.30 AM from 7.15 AM.
4) Thrukalasandhi Pooja from 10.30 AM to 11.15 AM.
5) Uchikkala Pooja (Noon Pooja) from 10.30 AM to 11.15 AM.
6) Maalai Pooja from 4.30 AM to 5.15 AM.
7) Ardhajama Pooja (Night Pooja) from 7.30 PM to 8.15 PM.
8) Palliarai Pooja from 9.30 PM to 10.00 PM.
Highlights of Madurai Amman Temple:
1) Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple is in the 2500-year-old city of Madurai.
2) The annual festival of Meenakshi Tirukalyanam festival is celebrated from April–May which attracts 1 million pilgrims to this ancient temple.
Note: The Temple will be crowded on Saturday, Sunday, Friday, November, December, May, June and during Navaratri festival days.
How to Reach Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple
Madurai Airport is well connected with major cities and the Temple is just 11 km away.
Madurai is well connected with all major cities of India. Direct trains are available from all major cities.
Direct buses to Madurai will be running from Chennai at high frequency.
Meenakshi Amman Temple Address:
Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareshwarar Temple,
Madurai – 625 001.
Phone: 0452-2344360, 2349868.