Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago Hours:
9:00 AM to 8:45 PM All Days.
About Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago:
The HTGC complex includes two separate temples. The Temple of Rama, which included Sri Rama, Maa Sita and Lakshmana; Lord Ganesha, Sri Hanuman, Lord Venkateswara Swamy (Balaji), Mahalaxmi and Sri Krishna Radha. The Ganesha-Shiva-Durga Temple, which includes Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesha, Durga Devi, Lord Subrahmanya, Devi Parvathi and Navagrahas. The complex offers a pleasant atmosphere for worship and spiritual advancement. It also serves as cultural and educational focal point. The Hindu temple of Greater Chicago is located in Lemont, about 25 miles southwest of Chicago.
The Hindu temple of Greater Chicago in Lemont, Illinois, has been at the forefront for many years. Today, the temples of Sri Rama and Ganesh-Shiva-Durga, has a statue of Vivekananda and a spiritual center of Vivekananda that provides additional sources for learning and experiencing spirituality. With the addition of this remarkable center and the installation of the Swamiji statue, the first to be installed in a public place in the United States, HTGC has become a first-rate center for religious, spiritual and cultural activities for thousands of people. people in the central states; Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Iowa.
Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago Mission:
The Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago is an Illinois general not-for-profit corporation, established in 1977.
The purpose of HTGC is:
- To establish and maintain Hindu Temples build and serviced in the traditional Hindu style.
- To promote Hindu Dharma (religion and traditions) and culture.
- To promote inter-religious, social, and cultural understanding.
- To support humanitarian causes.
Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago Rental Rules:
1) The lessee shall conform to all rules, regulations and customs established by HTGC.
2) Smoking, non-vegetarian food or alcoholic beverages will NOT be allowed in the temple complex.
3) No food or drinks are allowed in the Rama temple area and in the Sama Rathi Center.
4) Children must be kept under constant supervision of responsible adults.
5) Decorations are not allowed in the rented area using scotch tape , staples and nails.
6) All rental area must be kept tidy and clean.
7) Damage to the property or furniture will be charged to the lessee.
8) Kitchen may be used for warming the food and not for cooking or frying. A very limited refrigerator and freezer space is available in the kitchen.
9) The lessee agrees to hold HTGC, its officers, governing body, members, and agents harmless from and against any loss, damage and /or liability occasioned by, doming out of or arising from any tortuous or negligent act on the part of party, his agents, employees or invitees connected with the use of HTGC facilities. It is the responsibility of the lessee, its members or their guests to obtain adequate insurance to protect themselves against losses resulting from the use of HTGC facilities.
10) Temple custodian will help the function run smoothly.
Puja Services Offered at Chicago Hindu Temple:
Hiranya Sradham At Temple
Annual Sradham At Home
Satya Narayana Puja
Srirama/ Sri Venkateswara Kalyana Utsavam
Special Priest Services-Sradham Services:
SHRADDHAM SERVCIES Weekday/Weekend:
Hiranya Shraddham (At Temple)
Funeral - No service Charge
1st day - 12th Day Services
13th day - Vaikunta Samaradhana
Shanthi Paat (Outside)
Shanthi Paat (At Temple)
Priest Pooja Services Outside Temple Weekday/Weekend:
All Poojas & Regular Homams
Priest Pooja Services Inside Temple Weekend/Weekend:
All Other Poojas
Navagraha Pooja (without Havan)
All Regular Homams
Archana for any deity
Vadamala with devotee vadas
Vadamala with Temple vadas
Vahana Key Pooja
Butter Seva(only Saturday)
Abhishekam and other Services Regular Sevas at Rama Temple:
Sri Rama Abhishekam Sunday 10.30 AM
Sri Rama Mahabhishekam, Nutana Vastra Alankaram 2nd Sunday 10.30 AM
Bhagavath Katha Sunday 4:00 PM
Sri Hanuman Pooja Tuesday 7:00 PM
Sri Dutta Pooja Thursday 7:00 pm
Sri Maha Lakshmi Abhishekam Friday 10:30 AM
Sri Venkateshwara Swamy Abhishekam Saturday 10:30 AM
Sri Hanuman Abhishekam 2nd Saturday 10.30 PM
Samuhika Satyanarayana 3rd Saturday 3:00 PM
Sri Hanuman Pooja Saturday 5:00 PM
Abhishekam and other Services GSD Temple
Sri Ganesha Abhishekam Daily 9:30 AM
Sri Shiva Abhishekam Daily 10.00 AM
Parvathi Devi Abhishekam Fridays 10.30 AM
Sri Nava Durga Abhishekam & Kumkumarchana 3rd Friday 6.30 PM
Navagraha Abhishekam Saturdays 10.30 AM
Devi Chowk 1st & 3rd Saturdays 6:00 PM
Ayyappa Pooja 2nd Saturday 6:30 PM
Bhavathi Pooja 2nd Sunday 5.00 PM
Sri Rudram 3rd Sunday 9:30 AM
Sri Subrahmanya 4th Sunday 5:00 PM
*Date and Timings subject to change depending upon other festivals. Please check temple website and bimonthly calendar for updated information.
Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago Address:
10915 Lemont Road,
IL 60439, USA
Phone: +1 630-972-0300