Jyotirlinga or Jyotirling or Jyotirlingam are 12 special shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva since ancient times. Jyotirlinga is a sanctuary where Lord Shiva is worshiped, an aspect of God in Hindusim in the form of Jyotirlingam or Lingam of Light, there are twelve temples of Jyotirlinga. in India.
These 12 Jyotirlinga Shrines are:
1) Somnath in Gir Somnath, Gujarat
2) Nageshwar in Daarukavanam, Gujarat
3) Bhimashankar in Pune, Maharashtra
4) Trimbakeshwar in Nashik, Maharashtra
5) Grishneshwar in Aurangabad, Maharashtra
6) Vaidyanath or Baidyanath in Deoghar, Jharkhand
7) Mahakaleshwar in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
8) Omkareshwar in Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh
9) Kashi Vishwanath in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
10) Kedarnath in Kedarnath, Uttarakhand
11) Rameshwaram in Rameswaram Island, Tamil Nadu
12) Mallikarjuna in Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh
Two jyotirlinga are on the sea shore, three on the banks of the river, four on the heights of the mountains and three in the villages located in the meadows.