State Wise Kala Bhairava Temples in India:
Bhairav Temples in Tamil Nadu:
- Bhairavar Temple Morepalayam, Tiruchengodu Thaluk, Namakkal District., 637205. This is the temple where
- Bairavar is the main God and 300 years above old temple.
- Kasi Kalabairavar Temple. The village called Adiyamaan Kottai is located 8 kms from Dharmapuri in Dharmapuri district.
- Sri Maha Kala Bairavar Temple, Dhombaram bedu village, Uthukottai taluk-602026, Thiruvallur district.
- Sri Kala Bairavar Temple, Thennagudi North – 614804, Thanjavur District.
- Sri Kala Bairavar Temple, Oyyamaari Burial Ground, Odathurai Road, Sanjeevi Nagar, Tiruchirappalli.
- Sri Baala Kaala Bhairavar Temple at T.Vairavanpatty, near Thirukoshityur. Chola Temple Architecture and where
- Sri Govinda Dikshitar, the esteemed Minister of the three Tanjore Nayak Kings worshipped for victories.
- Kalabhairavar, Kayantha sthanam, Nanjundapuram, Coimbatore – 641036.
- Kalabhairavar, Kurunallipalayam, Vadachittur (Via), Coimbaote- 641202.
- Sri Kalabhairavar Temple / Lingam shape Bhairavar, Kallukurikkai, Krishnagiri.
- Kalabhairav Temple at Adhiyaman Kottai, Dharmapuri district.
- Sri Kala Bhairava Temple pogular village, Gudiyattam.
- Sri Swarna Kala Bhairavar Peedam, Kaga Ashram, Thiruvannamalai.
- Kala Bhairava Temple, Courtallam.
- Ashta Bhairavar at Sri Kamanada Eswar temple, Aragalur, near Chinna Salem.
- Bhairavar Temple, Vairavan Patti, Karaikudi.
- Sri Kottai Bairavar – Thirumayam (Pudhukottai Dist) located in national highway Pudhukottai to Rameswaram.
- Bhairaveswarar Temple, Cholapuram, Kumbakonam.
- Sri Vairavamoorthy, Illupaikudi Temple, Karaikudi.
- Konguvadukanatha Swami, Kundadam, Dharapuram.
- Kala Bhairavar Temple, Pogular village, Gudiyattam Town. 3,000 years old Temple, surrounded by mountains.
- Swarna Akarshana Bhairavar at Thadikombu Perumal Temple, Dindigul.
- Kaalabairavar Temple, Thiruneermalai, Chennai
- Maha Bhairava Rudhra Aalayam, Bhairavar Nagar, Thiruvadisoolam Road, Echankaranai, Chengalpattu.
- Bairavar koil, Thirupattur, Sivaganga.
- Sri Bhairavar Malai Koil near Venbedu village nearly 23 km from Chengalpattu, 8 km from Thiruporur.
- Sri Mahakalabhairavar Aalayam, Dhombarambedu village, Uthukottai – 602026, Thiruvallur District..
- Sri Maha Bhiravar, Renganathapuram, Near Bodinayakkanur, Theni dt.
- Sri SwarnaBairavi Samedha SwarnaAakarshana Bairavar temple, Lloyds Colony, Royapettah, Chennai-14.
- Sri kala Bahairva temple, Kandhikuppam, Krishnagiri, Tamilnadu- 635120
- Sri SwarnaBairavi Samedha Sri SwarnaAakarshana Bairavar Lloyds Colony, Royapettah, Chennai-14.
- Sri Swarna aharshna bairavar temple, sri athmanatheswarar temple – Menambedu, Ambattur O.T, Chennai-53. An
- 800 Years Old Temple.
- Kala bhairavar temple, Thagatur, Nagaipattinam.
- Kala bhairavar temple Ramapuram, Ayilam village Walaja taluk Vellore.
Bhairav Temples in Bihar:
Kaal Bahairav Temple, Barhara, Rampatti, Madhubani.
Located in the eastern part of Bihar, 10 km from Madhubani, also known for its paintings, and 185 km from Patna. Temple created in the 19th century, thousands of devotees gather during the celebration of Bhairav puja, also known as Bhairav Pujnotsav, which takes place after 21 days of diwali every year since 1979. The 3-day celebration begins when thousands of people gather and invite Lord Brahma to Pujnotsav, the Brahma temple located 2 km from Bhairav temple, celebrated by the Brahmin community in the Mithila region.
Bhairav Temples in Punjab:
Pracheen Shri Kaal Bhairav Mandir, near Dohla railway crossing, Dhuri, District Sangrur, Punjab.
This Dhuri temple is one of the ancient Shree Kaal Bhairav temples in Punjab. The idol of Sri Kaal Bhairav in the temple has been revered for hundreds of years. It is entirely managed by “Sant Baba Shree Pritam Muni Ji”, a Holy Saint. All good wishes come true here, as people who come to the temple say.
Bhairav Temples in Kerala:
Njarakattu Sri Bhagavathi Bhairava Temple Kedamangalam, North Paravoor P O, Ernakulam, Kerala 683513.
Bhairav Temples in Andhra Pradesh:
- Sri Kaala Bhairava Temple (inside Sri Manikyamba sametha Bhimeswara Swamy temple), Daksharaamam, East Godavari District.
- Sri Kaala Bhairava temple(inside Sri Puruhootika sametha Kukkuteswara swamy temple), Pitapuram, East Godavari District.
- Swayambho Sri Sri Sri Bhairava Swamy Temple in Bhimavaram, West Godavari District..
- Sri Bhaiva Swamy temple in Ainavill East West Godavari District.
- Kalabhairava Statue in Adavivaram, Visakhapatnam district
- Naga Bhirava Kona, P.K.Padu, Somasila, SPSR Nellore District.
- Bhairava sela or Bayyanna sela in Srisailam.
- Kaal Bhairva Temple at Ratanpur, considered to be guardian deity of Mahamaya Temple.
- Bhairava Kona, Near Pamur, Prakasam District.
- Kala Bhairava in Mruthyunjaya Swamy Temple, Yogimallavaram Village, Near Tirupati.
- Sri Santhana Prapthi Kaala Bhairava at Ramagiri.
- Kala Bhairava in Valeeshwara swamy Temple in Ramagiri Village between Pitchatur and Nagalapuram, 2nd to Varanasi.
- Bhogaswara Swamy Temple Kala Bhairava Swamy near nandyal kurnool District.
- Kalabhairava Temple Siddarampuram Village Anantapur District.
- Sri Bhairava Kona Bhairava Swamy Temple, Simhachalam, Visakapatanam.
- Sri Asta Kaala Bhairava Swamy Temple, Bommarasapalli (Vill), Peddapanjani (MD), Chittoor District.
- Sri Kala BhairavaSwamy Temple, near Gram Panchayath, G.Moolapalem, Yedurlanka east godavari.
Bhairav Temples in Assam:
- Mahabhairav Temple, Tezpur, Assam
Bhairav Temples in Delhi:
- Shri Kilkari Bhairava Temple, near Purana Qila, New Delhi, Delhi. Established by the Pandava brothers during the constriction of their capital Indraprastha. Purana Qila is sometimes said to be their castle and the temple is situated in its backyard.
- Shri Dudhiya Baba Bhairav Mandir, Jhandewalan Extension, New Delhi
- Prachin Kaal Bhairav Mandir, near Purana Qila, New Delhi, Delhi
- Pracheen Bhairava Temple, Nehru Place, New Delhi, Delhi
Bhairav Temples in Gujarat:
- Bhairavnath Temple, Maninagar, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Shree Kala Bhairavnath Mahadev, NH-8, Bhairav Gaun, Kamrej, Surat, Gujarat
- Batuk Bhairav Temple, Bidada, Kutch district, Gujarat
- Kaal Bhairav Temple, Idar outskirts, Aravalli range, Gujarat
- Ashta Bhairav Temple, Sidhpur, Gujarat
- Bhairavnath Temple, Palitana, Bhavnagar district, Gujarat
- Bhairava Japa, sacred ‘jumping rock’, Girnar Mountain, Junagadh
- Kaal Bhairavdada Temple, Patan, Patan district, Gujarat
- Kalbhairavnath Mahadev Temple, Bhairav, Surat district, Gujarat
Bhairav Temples in Himachal Pradesh:
Mahakal Vajra Bhairava Temple, Lahul Spiti district, Himachal Pradesh
Batuk Bhairav Temple, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
Bhairav Temples in Jammu and Kashmir:
Bhairav Temple, Vaishnodevi complex, Jammu and Kashmir
Bhairav Temples in Jharkhand:
Bhomia ji Temple at Jain Swetambar Kothi, Madhuban, Jharkhand
Bhairav Temples in Madhya Pradesh:
- Kal Bhairav temple, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
- Shri Kala Bhairav Naath Temple Adegaon Madhya Pradesh
- Shri Toriya Bhairav Temple, Panch Kuti Toriya, Datiya, Jhansi, Madhya Pradesh
- Bajnamath Tantrik Bhairav Temple, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
Bhairav Temples in Maharashtra:
- Shri Kalabhairavanath Temple, Agadgaon, Tal & Dist: Ahmadnagar
- Shri Kaal Bhairav Nath Hedavde Mahalaxmi Mandir, Hedavde, Hedavde Devi on River Tansa, Mumbai
- Bhairavnath Temple, Avasari (Khurd), Ambegaon, Pune
- Kaal Bhairav Temple, Kharadi, Pune
- Bhairavnath Mandir, Ankoli, Solapur
- Shree Kalbhairav Mandir, Hindale, Devgad Sindhudurg
- Kaal Bhairav Temple, Jyotiba, Wadi Ratnagiri, Kolhapur
- Kaal Bhairavnath Temple, Sonari, Paranda, Osmanabad
- The Kaal Bhairav Nath Mandir, Panchvati, Saptashrungi Devi on Rive Godavari, Nashik
- Bhairavnath Temple, Sinnar, Nashik
- The Kaal Bhairav Nath Mandir Varne, Satara
- Shri Kal Bhairavnath Jogeshwari Temple, A/P-Bavdhan, Wai, Satara (famous for Bagad Rath)
- Shri Kal Bhairavnath Mandir, Kasba Peth, Pune (also known as Nava kal Bhairavnath Mandir)
- Shri Siddhanath Temple, Mhaswad, Tal-Man, Dist Satara
- Shri Bhairavnath Temple, Kikali, Tal-Wai, Dist Satara
- Shri Bhairavnath Temple, Thorgavan Tal Raver, Dist Jalgaon.
- Shri Kaal Bairavnath Temple Bahirwadi Taluka Newasa Dist Ahmednagar Maharashtra
- Kaal Bhairav Temple, Brahman alli, Bhind Post Office, Bhiwandi, Thane, Maharashtra.
- Kalbhairav temple, Gadhinglaj, DIST: Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
- Bhairav baba Temple,Pulgaon camp, Dist- Wardha. Shri Bhairavnath mandir Jarud Tq & Dist. Beed.
- Kaal bhairavnath temple bahirwadi(purandar) Pune
- Kaal bhairavnath temple kusgao, khed shivapur, Pune
- Kaal Bhairavnath Temple, Mehendale Garage Chowk, near Mhatre Bridge, Erandwane, Pune – 411004
Bhairav Temples in Goa:
- Kalabhairav Temple at Dhargal
Bhairav Temples in Karnataka:
- Sri Kalabhairaveswara swamy Temple Sri Kshetra Adichunchanagiri, Mandya District.
- Sri Kalabhairaveshwara Swamy Temple and Chikkarasinakere Basava (Holy Bull), Chikkarasinakere, Maddur Taluk, Mandya District.
- Sri Ananda Kalabhairava temple (Nithyananda peetham Bengaluru Aadheenam, Bidadi 562109)
- Kalabhairaveshvara Temple, Double Road, 4th cross, Rajarajeswari Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Shree Kala Bhairava Temple, Jadigenahally, Hoskote, Bangalore, Karnataka—This temple was built during Chola Dynasty.
- Sri Byraveshwara Swamy Temple siddana lane cubbonpete, Bangalore- 02.
- Kaala Bhairava Temple, Yana, Uttara Kannada,
- Kalabhairaveshvara Temple at Adichunchanagiri,
- Kaala Bhairava Temple, Dubalgundi, Near Homnabad, Bidar
- Kalabhairaveshvara Temple at Jogi Mutt, Kadri, Mangalore,
- Kala Bhairava Temple, Gadag, Historical Khala bhirava Temple, which is there in Skanada Purana, Taranagara village, Sandur Taluk, Bellary.
Bhairav Temples in Orissa:
Ajaikapada Bhairava Temple, Nuagaon, Jagatsinghpur, Odisha
Bhairav Temples in Rajasthan:
- Bharav Baba Temple at Ringus, Sikar.
Jai Shri Bhairunath Bawji Temple at shishoda village near Nathdwara.
Shree Bhairav Nath Dham.
Chomukha Bhairavji Temple, Kharkhara, Khetri.
Shree DakshinMukhi Kaal Bhairav Temple Dhanapurapali district.
- Shri Kala Bhairava Temple, Amer Fort, Jaipur.
Bhairuji Mandir, Village-Tehsil – Ladnun, Nagaur.
Kala-Gora Bhairav Mandir, Mandore, Jodhpur.
Bhairav Mandir, Barli, Jodhpur.
Kala Bhairav Temple at Toliasar, Sri Dungargarh.
Kodamdesar Ramdevra Temple, Jaisalmer Highway.
Sri Nakoda Bhairav Jain Temple, Barmer District.
kodamdesar bhairav mandir, dist. Bikaner.
Shri Raktya Bhairav Mandir, mundali anta, Baran.
Shri Bavdi Vale Batuk Bhairava Temple, Kartarpura, Jaipur, Rajasthan. Sonona khetlaji Mandir sonona near desuri.
kala-gora ji temple, bhairav gate, sawai madhopur.
Bhairav Temples in Telangana:
Skandagiri Temple Padma Rao Nagar, Secunderabad. (Kala Bhairava Statue is on the ground floor).
Sri Kalabhairava Swamy Temple at Kamareddy, Nizamabad district.
Kala Bhairava Temple in Kajipalli Medak Mandal.
Sri Kalabhairava Swamy Temple, Parpelly Village which is 10 km from Chinnoor, Manchiryal District.
Sri Kala Bhairava Swamy Temple, located Opposite to Mediciti hospital, 5 km from Medchal, Malkajgiri district.
Bhairav Temples in Uttar Pradesh:
Kala Bhairava Temple, Varanasi.
Pracheen Bada Lal Bhairav, Vidhyanchal, Mirzapur district.
Kal Bhairav Temple, Allahabad.
Kal Bhairav Temple, Shrinagar district, mahoba.
Kaal Bhairav Temple, Balughat Shuklaganj, Unnao.
Bhairav Baba Temple, Meerut.
Bhairav Ji Temple, Jalaun, Jalaun.
Mandir Thakur Bhairon Nath Ji, Satghada, Inside Holi Gate, Mathura.
Bhairav Temples in Uttarakhand:
- Bhairavnath Temple, Kedarnath.
- Bhairava Temple, Near Uttarkashi.
- Bhairav Temple, Bhairon Ghati, before Gangotri.
- Nadbudh Bhairava Temple, Molthi, Patti – Paidulsyun, Pauri Garhwal.
- Bhairon Garhi, Gumkhal, Pauri Garhwal.
- Eight Bhairava Temples, Almora.
- Bhairav Temple, Bageshwar.
- Kaal Bhairav Temple, Devprayag
Bhairav Temples in West Bengal:
- Bhairavsthan, submerged temples of Telkupi, Near Dhanbad, West Bengal