Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views :
Home / USA Temples / Omaha Hindu Temple Timings, History

Omaha Hindu Temple Timings, History


Omaha Hindu Temple Timings:

Weekdays: 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Weekends: 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM and 04:00 PM to 09:00 PM

Omaha Hindu Temple History:

The Hindu temple in Omaha has been serving members of the Hindu faith of Omaha, Lincoln and the surrounding area since 1993. The story of the Nebraska Hindu community dates back to the early 1970s, when engineers and their families emigrated from India to Omaha area. These Hindu immigrants initially practiced the practices of their faith in their own homes. In the mid-1970s, there was a second wave of immigrants from India to the Lincoln and Omaha area. Most of these men and women have received professional training, often as doctors. Over the past five years, the Hindu community in the Lincoln and Omaha area has continued to grow and recent Hindu immigrants to Lincoln and Omaha are commonly employed in the computer and software industries.

Hindu Temple Omaha

In the early 1990s, members of the Hindu community decided that it was time to organize a central place for worship of the Hindu community. In November 1993, the community bought the building where they worship today. In recent years, the temple has been working to raise funds and the construction of a traditional Hindu temple in Omaha was completed on August 30, 2004.


About 98% of the members of the Hindu temple of Omaha are of Indian origin and the remaining 2% are mainly Nepali. A significant number of members are employed in medicine, engineering and computer science. Because Lincoln and Omaha are home to the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, the University of Nebraska Medical Center and the Creighton University Medical Center, there are also several Hindu students who worship in the community while they study.

Description of the Center:

The exterior of the temple is divided into two distinct halves. On one side is the new construction which is the traditional Hindu temple of India. The other half is the social hall and the temple library. Next to the social lounge, there is a beautiful kitchen used by the temple to prepare meals in the community or to serve banquets for receptions. When the community bought the building for the first time in 1993, it was the remains destroyed of what had been several restaurants. The temple social hall is used by the Nebraska Indian Association and is also rented to the public for special events.

Center Activities:

There are many different services that the temple offers to the community. The temple is open every day of the week. On Sunday, Sunday School is organized for students aged 6 to 12 years old. The temple also organizes its youth of 13-18 years in a group of young people. Kundalini Yoga classes are also organized in the temple from 6:15 am to 7:45 pm. Wednesdays.

The social hall also hosts events for the Indian community and the Omaha Association, such as speakers, musicians and other cultural events. In addition to temple events, the community publishes its Deepam newsletter four to six times a year.

Omaha Hindu Temple

Cooperative relationships:

As a community, the Hindu temple has had a great deal of interaction with other religious traditions in the community. They are members of the Lincoln Interfaith Council and interact with other religious communities. They are also involved in many types of community service projects. They hold a health fair every year, work with the AIDS Foundation, speak in churches and schools about the Hindu faith and India. The temple held an interfaith fast for 48 hours during which community members fasted and prayed for the victims of the Bhuj earthquake in India. Their efforts raised $ 35,000 for earthquake relief.

As a community, the Hindu temple in Omaha believes that they have not faced any major obstacles or problems. The community feels lucky because some cities have hate crime issues against the Hindu community.

Omaha Hindu Temple Contact:

Hindu Temple Limited,
13010 Arbor Street,
NE 68144.
Phone: (402) 697-8546
Email: contact@htom.us

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Pinterest
Note: We will give astrological reading / solution for those who are longing for children and do not give predictions for Job, etc.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *