Sri Svayambhagavattvashtakam Lyrics in English:
sva-janmany aisvaryam balam iha vadhe daitya-vitater
yasah partha-trane yadu-puri maha-sampadam adhat
param jñanam jisnau musalam anu vairagyam anu yo
bhagaih saḍbhih purnah sa bhavatu mude nanda-tanayah
caturbahutvam yah sva-jani samaye yo mrd-asane
jagat-kotim kuksy-antara-parimitatvam sva-vapusah
dadhi-sphote brahmany atanuta parananta-tanutam
mahaisvaryah purnah sa bhavatu mude nanda-tanayah
balam bakyam danta-cchadana-varayoh kesini nrge
nirpe bahvor anghreh phanini vapusah kamsa-marutoh
giritre daityesv apy atanuta nijastrasya yad ato
mahaujobhih purnah sa bhavatu mude nanda-tanayah
asankhyato gopyo vraja-bhuvi mahisyo yadu-pure
sutah pradyumnadyah sura-taru-sudharmadi ca dhanam
bahir dvari brahmadyapi balivaham stauti yad atah
sriyam puraih purnah sa bhavatu mude nanda-tanayah
yato datte muktim ripu-vitataye yan nara-janir
vijeta rudrader api nata-janadhina iti yat
sabhayam draupadya varakrd atipujyo nrpa-makhe
yasobhis tat purnah sa bhavatu mude nanda-tanayah
nyadhad gita-ratnam trijagad atulam yat priya-sakhe
param tattvam premnoddhava-parama-bhakte ca nigamam
nija-prana-presthasv api rasa-bhrtam gopa-kulajasv
ato jñanaih purnah sa bhavatu mude nanda-tanayah
krtagaskam vyadham satanum api vaikuntham anayan
mamatvasyaikagran api parijanan hanta vijahau
yadyapy ete srutya dhuvatanutayoktas tad api ha
sva-vairagyaih purnah sa bhavatu mude nanda-tanayah
ajatvam janmitvam ratir aratiteharahitata
salilatvam vyaptih parimitir ahamta-mamatayoh
pade tyagatyagav ubhayam api nityam sad urari-
karotisah purnah sa bhavatu mude nanda-tanayah
jano yah seveta prathita-bhagavattvastakam idam
tad-aisvarya-svadaih sva-dhiyam ativelam sarasayan
labhetasau tasya priya-parijananugya-padavim
Svayam Bhagavattvastakam Meaning:
1) May Nanda’s son, who is full of six opulences, who from His very birth was supremely (1) opulent, who displayed supreme (2) strength by killing a multitude of demons, who became supremely (3) famous by protecting Arjuna, who manifested supreme (4) wealth at Dvaraka, the capitol of the Yadus, who spoke supreme transcendental (5) knowledge to Arjuna, and who exhibited supreme (6) renunciation in the Yadus’ fratricidal war, be pleased with me.
2) May Nanda’s son, who is full of great opulences, who at the time of His birth had a four-armed form, who once at clay, who revealed millions of universes within His mouth, who broke a yoghurt pot, and who displayed numberless transcendental forms to Brahma, be pleased with me.
3) He employed the strength of His two lips on Putana, the strength of His arms on Kesi and Nrga, the strength of His feet on Kaliya, the strength of His body on Kamsa and Trnavarta, and the strength of His weapons on Banasura and other demons. May Nanda’s son, who possesses all strength, be pleased with me.
4) He possesses all fame because He gives liberation to His enemies, because although He took birth in human society, He defeated Siva and the other demigods, because He is submissive to the humble devotees who offer obeisances to Him, because He gave a benediction to Draupadi in the assembly, and because He was lavishly worshipped in the Rajasuya sacrifice. May Nanda’s son be pleased with me.
5) He has numberless gopis in Vraja, numberless queens and sons in Dvaraka, parijata trees, the sudharma assembly house, and other opulences. Outside His door Brahma and the demigods offer prayers and bring gifts. May Nanda’s son, who possesses all wealth, be pleased with me.
6) He gave to a dear friend the jewel Bhagavad-gita, which has no equal in the world. With love He gave to Uddhava the ultimate truth of the Vedas. He gave to the saintly gopis, who thought Him dearer than life, the knowledge of the sweetest nectar. May Nanda’s son, who possesses all knowledge, be pleased with me.
7) He brought an offensive hunter to Vaikuntha in his own body. He abandoned His own proud relatives, even though the sruti declares that they were already liberated and had eternal spiritual bodies. May Nanda’s son, who possesses all renunciation, be pleased with me.
8) Although He is unborn, He takes birth. Although He is affectionate, He is aloof from everything. Although He enjoys pastimes, he is inactive. He is both all-pervading and limited. He possesses and does not possess ego and possessiveness. May Nanda’s son, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is full of all opulences, be pleased with me.
9) He who serves this Bhagavatastaka, which is an excellent medicine to remove the hundred fevers of doubt, and becomes overwhelmed with happiness by tasting in his mind the sweetness of the Lord’s opulences, enters the path that leads to the Lord’s personal association.