Vaishno Devi Temple is also known as Bhawan dedicated to goddess Durga, it is located in “Katra at the Trikuta Mountains of Jammu and Kashmir” (India).The temple is 13.5 Km distance from Katra, there are various transport facilities like Ponies, Paalkhis, other vehicles and Helicopter services(up to Sanjichhat, 9.5 Km from Katra) are also been featured.There are many legends for the establishment of the Bhawan. However, it is said that Pandit Sridhar was a poor sage, who had a vision of Mata Vaishno Devi indicating him the route to the temple. It is also believed that whenever Sridhar lost his way, Mata appeared in his dream to guide him. And it is believed that whoever goes to the Bhawan, their wishes come true and Mata cherishes their life with glory and happiness. The Aarti performed twice a day(before and after sunrise). Aarti may take about 2 hours to complete.
Vaishno Devi Temple Darshan Duration:
January, February and March: 1 to 2 hours
April, May and June: 4 to 5 hours
During Navaratri festival days there will be huge crowded and it will take take 5 to 6 hours to have Vaishno Devi Temple Darshan.
Vaishno Devi Darshan Process:
Ticket Counter Locations: Yatra Registration Counter at Katra. Tickets can be availed even at Yatra Registration counter II which is 1 km from YRC.
- Maximum No.of devotees allowed per day: 30,000 – 35,000
- Yatra Registration Counter Timings: 5:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Children under 3 years don’t need tickets. It is free entry with their parents.
- Distance from Katra to Vaishno Devi Temple: 15 Km.
- It usually takes 3 hours by walk from the entrance to the temple.
- Darshan ticket will be stamped again at BanGanga Point. Without Parchi, the devotee not allowed after BanGanga Verification Post.
- Finally, on reaching the temple, Group number will be allotted and the actual ticket will be issued at Ticket Counter.
- Ticket Counter Location: Right next to Luggage Counter.
- The devotee must report at Gate 1 to enter the queue line.
- Darshan will be quick on Normal days. Temple Darshan waiting time will be 9 – 10 hours during peak hours.
- Please note that belts, wristwatches with leather belts, combs, pen, pencil, purses, handbags, electronic gadgets, shoes, footwear, Sweets etc. are not allowed inside.
- The devotee can keep his/her belongings at Free cloakroom/ Luggage counters before entering Gate 1.
- The devotees are allowed to pass through the new tunnel to have Darshan.
- Devotees can have Darshan of Three Pindies in the rock structure.
- After Darshan in the Sanctum Sanctorum, one must have Bhairon Nath Darshan without which the Yatra is not complete. Bhairon Ghat is 4.6 km from Vaishno Devi Temple.
- After Darshan, devotees start back to Katra in the same path.
Vaishno Devi Darshan Online Booking:
- One can book 5 tickets using 1 login ID.
- Online booking allowed from the current date to 60 days in advance.
- Total 5000 tickets will be released for online booking.
- It is a free ticket. One must carry Ticket printout along with original ID proof.
- Same day to 60 days advance booking available for online Darshan ticket booking.
Maa Vaishno Devi Darshan Ticket availability Chart
Details to be filled here
Final confirmation before generating Yatra Parchi