Sri Aditya Hridayam lyrics in Telugu:
తతో యుద్ధపరిశ్రాంతం సమరే చింతయా స్థితమ్ |
రావణం చాగ్రతో దృష్ట్వా యుద్ధాయ సముపస్థితమ్ || ౧ ||
దైవతైశ్చ సమాగమ్య ద్రష్టుమభ్యాగతో రణమ్ |
ఉపాగమ్యాబ్రవీద్రామమగస్త్యో భగవానృషిః || ౨ ||
రామ రామ మహాబాహో శృణు గుహ్యం సనాతనమ్ |
యేన సర్వానరీన్వత్స సమరే విజయిష్యసి || ౩ ||
ఆదిత్యహృదయం పుణ్యం సర్వశత్రువినాశనమ్ |Sri
జయావహం జపేన్నిత్యమక్షయం పరమం శివమ్ || ౪ ||
సర్వమంగళ మాంగళ్యం సర్వపాపప్రణాశనమ్ |
చింతాశోకప్రశమనం ఆయుర్వర్ధనముత్తమమ్ || ౫ ||
రశ్మిమంతం సముద్యంతం దేవాసురనమస్కృతమ్ |
పూజయస్వ వివస్వంతం భాస్కరం భువనేశ్వరమ్ || ౬ ||
సర్వదేవాత్మకో హ్యేష తేజస్వీ రశ్మిభావనః |
ఏష దేవాసురగణాన్ లోకాన్ పాతి గభస్తిభిః || ౭ ||
ఏష బ్రహ్మా చ విష్ణుశ్చ శివః స్కందః ప్రజాపతిః |
మహేంద్రో ధనదః కాలో యమః సోమో హ్యపాం పతిః || ౮ ||
పితరో వసవః సాధ్యా హ్యశ్వినౌ మరుతో మనుః |
వాయుర్వహ్నిః ప్రజాప్రాణ ఋతుకర్తా ప్రభాకరః || ౯ ||
ఆదిత్యః సవితా సూర్యః ఖగః పూషా గభస్తిమాన్ |
సువర్ణసదృశో భానుర్హిరణ్యరేతా దివాకరః || ౧౦ ||
హరిదశ్వః సహస్రార్చిః సప్తసప్తిర్మరీచిమాన్ |
తిమిరోన్మథనః శంభుస్త్వష్టా మార్తాండ అంశుమాన్ || ౧౧ ||
హిరణ్యగర్భః శిశిరస్తపనో భాస్కరో రవిః |
అగ్నిగర్భోఽదితేః పుత్రః శంఖః శిశిరనాశనః || ౧౨ ||
వ్యోమనాథస్తమోభేదీ ఋగ్యజుఃసామపారగః |
ఘనవృష్టిరపాం మిత్రో వింధ్యవీథీ ప్లవంగమః || ౧౩ ||
ఆతపీ మండలీ మృత్యుః పింగళః సర్వతాపనః |
కవిర్విశ్వో మహాతేజాః రక్తః సర్వభవోద్భవః || ౧౪ ||
నక్షత్రగ్రహతారాణామధిపో విశ్వభావనః |
తేజసామపి తేజస్వీ ద్వాదశాత్మన్నమోఽస్తు తే || ౧౫ ||
నమః పూర్వాయ గిరయే పశ్చిమాయాద్రయే నమః |
జ్యోతిర్గణానాం పతయే దినాధిపతయే నమః || ౧౬ ||
జయాయ జయభద్రాయ హర్యశ్వాయ నమో నమః |
నమో నమః సహస్రాంశో ఆదిత్యాయ నమో నమః || ౧౭ ||
నమ ఉగ్రాయ వీరాయ సారంగాయ నమో నమః |
నమః పద్మప్రబోధాయ మార్తాండాయ నమో నమః || ౧౮ ||
బ్రహ్మేశానాచ్యుతేశాయ సూర్యాయాదిత్యవర్చసే |
భాస్వతే సర్వభక్షాయ రౌద్రాయ వపుషే నమః || ౧౯ ||
తమోఘ్నాయ హిమఘ్నాయ శత్రుఘ్నాయామితాత్మనే |
కృతఘ్నఘ్నాయ దేవాయ జ్యోతిషాం పతయే నమః || ౨౦ ||
తప్తచామీకరాభాయ వహ్నయే విశ్వకర్మణే |
నమస్తమోఽభినిఘ్నాయ రుచయే లోకసాక్షిణే || ౨౧ ||
నాశయత్యేష వై భూతం తదేవ సృజతి ప్రభుః |
పాయత్యేష తపత్యేష వర్షత్యేష గభస్తిభిః || ౨౨ ||
ఏష సుప్తేషు జాగర్తి భూతేషు పరినిష్ఠితః |
ఏష ఏవాగ్నిహోత్రం చ ఫలం చైవాగ్నిహోత్రిణామ్ || ౨౩ ||
వేదాశ్చ క్రతవశ్చైవ క్రతూనాం ఫలమేవ చ |
యాని కృత్యాని లోకేషు సర్వ ఏష రవిః ప్రభుః || ౨౪ ||
ఏనమాపత్సు కృచ్ఛ్రేషు కాంతారేషు భయేషు చ |
కీర్తయన్ పురుషః కశ్చిన్నావసీదతి రాఘవ || ౨౫ ||
పూజయస్వైనమేకాగ్రో దేవదేవం జగత్పతిమ్ |
ఏతత్ త్రిగుణితం జప్త్వా యుద్ధేషు విజయిష్యసి || ౨౬ ||
అస్మింక్షణే మహాబాహో రావణం త్వం వధిష్యసి |
ఏవముక్త్వా తదాఽగస్త్యో జగామ చ యథాగతమ్ || ౨౭ ||
ఏతచ్ఛ్రుత్వా మహాతేజా నష్టశోకోఽభవత్తదా |
ధారయామాస సుప్రీతో రాఘవః ప్రయతాత్మవాన్ || ౨౮ ||
ఆదిత్యం ప్రేక్ష్య జప్త్వా తు పరం హర్షమవాప్తవాన్ |
త్రిరాచమ్య శుచిర్భూత్వా ధనురాదాయ వీర్యవాన్ || ౨౯ ||
రావణం ప్రేక్ష్య హృష్టాత్మా యుద్ధాయ సముపాగమత్ |
సర్వ యత్నేన మహతా వధే తస్య ధృతోఽభవత్ || ౩౦ ||
అథ రవిరవదన్నిరీక్ష్య రామం
ముదితమనాః పరమం ప్రహృష్యమాణః |
సురగణమధ్యగతో వచస్త్వరేతి || ౩౧ ||
Aditya Hridayam Stotram Meaning:
1) When Rama was exhausted in the battlefield standing with greater sorrow and deep thought to fight against Ravana who was duly prepared for the battle, Agastya observed that.
2) Agastya who was with other Gods approaches Rama and says as follows.
3) Sage Agastya approached Rama and spoke as follows: dear Rama there is a solution for your worry which is a perennial secret, by reciting it you would be victorious in this war.
4) This is the holy hymn Aditya Hrudayam which destroys all enemies and brings you victory and permanent happiness by chanting it always.
5) This supreme prayer of Sun God always gives happiness, destroys all sins, worries and increases the longevity of life.
6) Worship the Sun God, the ruler of the worlds and lord of the universe, who is worshipped by devas and asuras and who is worshipped by every one of the universes.
7) He has within him all the devas and He is the brightest among the bright, He is self-luminous and sustains all worlds of Devas and Asuras with his rays.
8) He is pervading in all viz., Brahma (the creator), Visnu (the Sustainer), Shiva (the destroyer), Skanda (the son of Siva), Prajapati (progenitor of the human race), the mighty Indra (lord of senses), Kubera (the God of prosperity), Kala (eternal time), Yama (the lord of death), Soma (the moon god that nourishes), and Varuna (God of rain).
9) He is the manes (ancestors); He is the eight Vasus viz., Anala, Anila, Soma, Ahas, Dhara, Dhruva, Pratyoosha and Prabhasa. He is the God Sadhya, Ashwini devatas (Gods of health). He is the maruths who are responsible for the breeze, He is the wind God, He is the fire god, and he is the Manu, Vayu (the wind God), Agni (the fire God), Prana (the Life breath of all beings), the maker of six seasons and the giver of light.
10) He is the son of Adithi, Savitha (bright), Soorya (supreme light), Khaga (bird, travels on the sky,), feeds the world by rain, gabhastiman (possessed of rays) Golden colored (beautiful, wise), always shining, he is the creator, day starts with him.
Aditya – son of Aditi, one who attracts all towards Him
Savitha – one who rule the world, controller of the world
Soorya – one who encourages all, active
Khaga – one who moves in space (bird)
Poosha – one who protects all worlds
Gabhastiman – one who has bright rays
Suvarnasadrisha – golden colored
Bhanu – pervaded in all
Swarnareta – radiant round shaped like a golden egg
Diwakara – one who is the reason for a bright day.
11) He has green horses (green is a symbol of victory). He has thousands of rays (infinite), he is a dispeller of darkness. He has seven horses (symbol of seven lokas). He removes suffering and gives a pleasant life. He pervades all with an immeasurable amount of rays.
Haridashwa – one whose chariot is dragged by green horses
Sahasrarchi – one who has thousands of rays (infinite)
Saptasapti – one whose horses are seven (represents seven Lokas)
Marichiman – whose body radiates rays
Timironmatana – dispeller of darkness
Shambhu – one who gives contentment
Twastha – one who removes sorrow and gives elation
Martanda – one who comes from annihilated creation and again creates
Amshuman – vastness, pervaded in all.
12) He is the golden source (knowledge, prosperity). He who cools down the world from his rain (minds of devotees). He who bestows heat. He is the illuminator (source of light). He is praised by everyone. He who has fire within himself. He is the son of Adhithi and Kashyapa. He merges at night and becomes cool, destroyer of the cold, snow and fog.
Hiranyagarbha – one who has powers of Brahman, prosperity and who is wise (Jnani)
Sishira – one who makes cold by rain produced by him
Tapana – one who generates heat
Bhaskara – one who gives light (Jnana)
Ravi – one who is praised by everyone
Agnigharbha – one who has
Aditeputra – son of Aditi and Kashyapa Maharshi
Shankha – one who becomes cool when he sets
Shisiranashana – one who melts snow, fog and cold
13) He is the lord of the space and ruler of the sky, dispeller of darkness, master of the three Vedas viz., Rig, Yajur and Sama Vedas, he is the reason for heavy rain, and friend of the water God (Varuna), He swiftly courses in the direction South of Vindhya-mountains and sports in the Brahma Nadi (in daxinayana he travels swiftly like a monkey.
Yomanatha – one who is the lord of space and the ruler of sky
Tamobedhi – dispeller of darkness
RigYajuSamaparagha – one who mastered Three Vedas viz., Rig, Yajur and Samaveda
Ghanavrusthi – one who is the reason for heavy rain
Apam-mitra – one who is a friend of Rain God
Vindhyavithiplavangamaha – one who swiftly courses in the direction South of Vindhya-mountains like a monkey
14) He is a producer of heat, his form is circular, he is the death of foes, he is yellow-colored, he gives heat to all things, he is greater brilliance, shining with great radiance and expert in knowledge, pervades in the whole universe, is dear to everyone, sustaining the universe and all actions.
Atapi – one who is the creator of heat
Mandali – round shaped
Mrithyu – death for enemies
Pingala – yellow colored
Sarvatapana – one who makes heat to all things
Kavi – greater brilliance
Vishwa – pervaded in the whole universe
Mahateja – Shining with great radiance
Raktha – one who is dear to everyone
Sarvabhavodbhava – creator of all things
15) Salutations to him who is the lord of stars, planets and zodiac, and the origin of everything in the universe. Salutations to Aditya who appears in twelve forms viz., Indra, Dhata, Bhaga, Pooshana, Mitra, Aryama, Archi, Vivaswan, Twastru, Savitha, Varuna and Vishnu (in the shape of twelve months of the year.
16) Salutations to the Lord who rises from the mounts of east and sets on mounts of the west, Salutations to the Lord of the stellar bodies and to the Lord of daylight.
17) Pray him who has green horses and the bestower of victory, auspiciousness and prosperity. He has a thousand rays and who has the power to attract all towards him.
Jaya – one who brings victory
Jayabhadra – one who gives auspiciousness and prosperity
Haryashwa – one who is carried by Green horses
Sahasramsha – one who has infinite rays
Aditya – son of Aditi, one who attracts all towards Him.
18) Salutations to him who is terrible and fierce one to the sinners, to him who is the hero (controlled senses); one who travels fast, Salutations to the one whose appearance makes the lotus blossom. Salutations to the son of Mrukanda Maharshi.
Ugra – terrible for enemies
Veera – brave (powerful)
Saranga – one who runs swiftly
Padmaprabodha – one whose appearance makes the lotus blossom
Martanda – after that annihilation of the creation one who is able to create it again
19) Salutation to Him who is the inspiration to Trimurtis (Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesha) and inspiration to all creatures, salutation to who is fierce like Rudra at the end of the creation
20) Salutations to the dispeller of the darkness (ignorance) and cold (snow), who is fearful to bad people, Salutations also to the annihilator of the ungrateful and to the Lord of all the stellar bodies, who is the first amongst all the lights of the Universe.
Tamoghna – dispeller of the darkness (ignorance)
Himaghna – one who is the reason for melting snow
Shatrugna – one who punishes ungrateful people
Amitatmane – one who has the enormous will power
Krithagna – annihilator of the ungrateful people
Jyotishampati – lord of the all stellar things
Deva – one whose form is illuminating.
21) Salutations to Him, Who is the color of molten gold and the form of fire, one who burns all, dispeller of darkness, adorable from all and Salutations to Vishvakarma the architect of the universe, the cause of all activity and creation in the world, yet beyond the world.
Taptachamikarabha – whose color is like molten gold
Vahnaye – one who burns all
Vishwakarma – one who is the reason for all actions
Tamobhinighna – dispeller of darkness
Ravi – one who is adored by all
Lokasakshine – one who is witnessed to all
22) Salutation to the Sun God who is able to destroyer all with his rays and then create them again, he can be the producer of rain and also a showered of wisdom as well.
23) The lord Sun God is always awake and abides in the heart of all beings and awake them, he is only the sacrifice and fruit of the sacrifice performed by Yajna.
24) Behind all Vedas, Yagas and fruits of all yagas and results of all actions of the world is Sun God only, he is omnipresent.
25) Oh Raghava, one who chants this prayer in any critical situation viz., physical, mental and spiritual, for sure he will overcome of it and always he is blessed.
26) Do worship Adity by chanting this prayer with even-minded. If you chant three times for sure you will be the conquer of this battle.
27) Agastya Maharshi says to Rama that “you would kill Ravana within a moment,” and left that battlefield, Agastya had come to Rama to teach this holy hymn of Son God. With the grace of Gods, he encourages Rama with his meditation power.
28) Hearing the holy words of Agasthya with even minded Rama became rejuvenated and came out of the momentary fearful situation; his clouds of worry got dispelled, with enthusiastically started chanting the prayer of Son God.
29) Himself being purified concentrated on Sun God; Rama recited the prayer thrice with achamana (sipping water) then thrilled and lifted his holy bow.
30) Rama facing Ravana with the greater spirit who was coming to fight with his all effort determined to kill Ravana.
31) Then Aditya surrounded by all Gods appears and blesses Rama with great mental and physical strength and ordered to kill Ravana.