Chicago Manav Seva Mandir Hours:
Morning: 7.00 AM to 12.30 PM
Evening: 3.00 PM to 9.00 PM
Chicago Manav Seva Mandir Daily Arti, Darshan Times:
Mangala Arti – 7:00 AM to 7:15 AM
Shringar Arti – 8:30 AM to 8:45 AM
Darshan Time – 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Rajbhog Arti – 12:15 PM to 12:30 PM
Curtain Closed – 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Darshan Time – 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Sandhya Arti – 7:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Shayan Arti – 8:40 PM to 8:50 PM
Curtain Closed – 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM
About Chicago Manav Seva Mandir:
The Manav Seva Mandir is a Hindu religious institution in the Chicago metropolitan area. It is not only an excellent place of worship, but it also creates a social atmosphere and cultural center that preserves and promotes our Hindu traditions and heritage.
The Manav Seva Mandir was created to accelerate the fundamental ideals of the eternal Vedic culture later preserved by Shrutis and Smritis of Rushis. The Mandir seeks to integrate and correlate the different sections of Hindu society that has been a melting pot for various peoples of the world, even before man learns to write.
Manav Seva Mandir was founded on the principles of Sanatan Dharma (eternal Satya) and symbolizes harmony for the service of humanity and its universal peace.
Manav Seva Mandir has a library that contains more than 2000 books that are available to all its members. This collection includes religious and spiritual books, novels and storybooks for young people.
Regular Activities at Manav Seva Mandir:
Bhajan on 2nd and 4th Sunday from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM followed by Prasad
Group Satyanarayan Katha on 1st Sunday at 5:30 PM
Youth Gita Classes on 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Milk Abhishek with Recitation of Shiv Stotra from 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Milk Abhishek all day (temple closes from 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM)
Shree Vishnu Shahastra Srotam and Kesar Abhishak form 6:30 PM to 7:15 PM
Free Health Clinic:
Free medical health clinic on 3rd Sunday of each month, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Details:
Fasting required for lab tests
Over 2,000+ religious and spiritual books and literature
DVD and CD of Bhajans, MahaBharat, and Ramayan
Volunteers needed for the library.
Manav Seva Mandir Rental Hall Rules & Regulations:
The following rules and regulations apply to the rental halls available at Manav Seva Mandir.
1. No function is allowed in any place other than in the rented area.
2. Cancellation Policy: Full deposit will be refunded for written cancellation received 90 days prior to the function date. 50% deposit will be refunded for cancellations received between 90 and 30 days prior to the function date. No refund for cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the function date.
3. Use of the premises is allowed from 8:00 am until 11:00 pm only. Hall shall be vacated by this time.
3. All the quoted rates apply for time identified on the hall rental application. If the hall is occupied beyond the time listed on the form, additional charges will be added. Additional time isn’t allowed if another function is scheduled on the same day in the second time slot.
4. The applicant shall conform to all rules, regulations and customs established by Manav Seva Mandir.
5. Applicants securing permits for use of Manav Seva Mandir hall shall not charge admission or permit subscription of any kind to be made. Any violation of this rule shall result in the immediate revocation of the permit.
6. For hall reservation, the application form must be filled out and a deposit (amount as decided by Manav Seva Mandir committee) must be paid in advance. Deposit shall be returned within seven (7) days after the function after Manav Seva Mandir hall custodian inspects the building premises and has given satisfactory report.
7. Rent shall be paid minimum of 15 days prior to actual use of the premise. If the rental premise is used for a longer period of time, in that event additional amount shall be paid before leaving the premise.
8. Under unusual circumstances Manav Seva Mandir reserves the right to cancel the hall reservation to any person or organization without any notice or without giving any reasons.
9. Smoking, non-vegetarian food and alcoholic beverages will not be allowed on the premises.
10. Helium balloons, scotch tape, staples, nails and advertisement banners are not allowed for hall decoration.
11. It is the applicant responsibility to put all garbage in dumpsters located outside the building and must keep the hall tidy and clean before leaving the area. If this isn’t done to the satisfaction of Manav Seva Mandir custodian, an appropriate amount will be deducted from the deposit.
12. Kitchen may be used for warming the food and not for cooking or frying. A very limited refrigerator and freezer space is available in the kitchen.
13. The applicant agrees to hold Manav Seva Mandir, its officers, governing members and custodian harmless from and against any loss, damage and liability occasioned by, doming out of or arising from any tortuous or negligent act on the part of party, his agents, employees or invitees connected with Manav Seva Mandir facilities. It is the responsibility of the applicant, its members or their guest to obtain adequate insurance to protect themselves against losses resulting from the use of Manav Seva Mandir facilities.
14. Manav Seva Mandir custodian will help the function run smoothly.
15. In the event that the fire alarm is activated, everyone at your event is required to leave the facility for their safety.
Chicago Manav Seva Temple Contact:
Manav Seva Mandir
101 S. Church Road
Bensenville, IL 60106
Phone: (630) 860-9797
Fax: (630) 860-9825