Ganesh Chaturthi, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Vinayagar Chathurthi is a Hindu festival celebrating the arrival of Ganesh to earth from Kailash Parvat with his mother Goddess Parvati/Gauri. The puja celebration of Ganesh Chaturthi begins on Shukla Chaturthi and ends on Ananta Chaturdashi in the month of Bhadrapada (August-September). Beginning from the time of buying the clay idol of Lord Ganesh to its immersion in water, all rituals are strictly observed during the Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Numerous Samagri or Ganesh Chaturthi puja items are required to perform the worship of the deity.
Decorative Ganesh Chaturthi Pooja Items:
These items include:
1) Rangoli colors, which are mixed into a paste to make designs at the entrance of the house. Different Rangoli colours include ¼ each of gulal (pink powder), bukka (black), and shendur (dark orange).
2) Toran (decorative door hanging).
3) The decorative cloth is essential for covering the stool on which the idol is placed.
4) Flower garlands for decorating the idol.
All the above-mentioned puja items are essential for worshipping Lord Ganesh. All these items should be arranged well before the Puja so that the puja functions can be performed smoothly from beginning to end.
Vinayaka Chavithi Pooja Samagri List:
- Lord Ganesha idol
- Akshata (a mixture of rice with wet turmeric, saffron and sandalwood paste)
- Udhdharani (spoon)
- Kumkum (saffron)
- Betel leaves & nuts
- Mango leaves
- Kalash (a pitcher)
- Two pieces of red cloth
- Oil (sesame)
- Ghee (cows)
- Incense sticks
- Plate to light camphor
- Fruits (especially bananas)
- Modakams (sweets)