The house we live in is not an object made of brick and mortar but an entity with the “grih pravesh” or the spirit of the house dwelling in it. A house becomes a home when the residents of the house quell the spirits, purify the environment by reverberation of the mantras and the smoke emanating from the hawan. All the planetary deities are also pacified by Puja. The owner of the house and his family all sit together on an auspicious day and perform the devata Puja. Grah shanti Puja and the hawan to make the house habitable. This ritual is believed to ward off any bad spirits, negative energy that may be present in the house and bring peace, prosperity and good health for the inhabitants. Thus, the “grih pravesh” is an important ritual that one should perform before one enters a new home. This ritual is an extension of “vaastu shashtra”, a science that tells us the best way to build a house and the optimizes the use of spaces that are used as residences, offices or factories.
Vastu Shanti is a part of Sthapatya Veda (vedic architecture). According to the Vaastu shastra, energy imbalances in the home are the cause of obstacles in one’s progress. Sometimes there are faults in construction to add to any innate problems with the present energy of the environment. This Yagya is highly recommended when moving into a new home. It removes all evil and negativity of the home, improves the health of the residents, increase creativity & inner intelligence, increase the longevity of life, growth in spiritual & material life, increase harmony & stability in family. In commercial place by performing Vastu yagya improves the efficiency of employees, expansion & profit in business. The process involves energizing the actual ground or bhoomi, the foundations, the central pillars and the entrances of the house. It is also highly beneficial if some one is not living in a house according to vastu. It corrects the Vastu dosha when performed periodically. This is done before ground breaking. After purchasing the land the person have to contact their astrologer to take the muhurta for ground breaking . Then on the basis of that muhurta Panditji will do Puja and Yagya.
Griha Pravesh Yagya:
It is done after completing the house and on this day special Yagya very briefly will take place and the house owner with family will enter in that home. This Yagya is for pacification of all negative energy and increasing more harmony, wellbeing and overall progress in that home. Many things have to followed during the time of construction. Panditji will guide if some one needs his service. So importantly for having a good house according to Sthapatya Veda is, choosing a proper land, starting every thing with proper muhurta and Yagya, construction as per the vedic rules and performing Vastu Yagya before entering the home first time.
Shree Ganesha Puja:
श्री वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्य कोटी समप्रभा निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्व-कार्येशु सर्वदा॥
ॐ एकदन्ताय विद्धमहे, वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि, तन्नो दन्ति प्रचोदयात्॥
As per Hindu belief, Lord Ganesha is one of the most important deities and in every puja people perform Ganesh Puja. We see in many occasions that before beginning any new or good work they worship or offer prayers to Lord Ganesha.
Even the festival like Vastu puja, Durga Puja begins with the formal ritual offered to the Ganesha. Ganesh Puja holds very much importance on the day of this festive occasion and it is a belief that by offering prayers to the deity, one can easily get rid of all troubles and become prosperous.
During the puja people also make offerings of abeer, gulal, saffron paste, sandal paste garland of cotton beads and more as per the wish of a particular person. All this really enhances the atmosphere of the home especially the place of puja. This is of much significance during the all kindg of celebration. All over the country as it is the bringer of positive energy.
Shree Satyanarayan Katha:
Satyanarayana Puja: In kali Yuga, people lead mechanical life in search of happiness and not able to perform japa, homa, puja etc in the pretext of lack of time. Hence the God almighty himself has provided a solution namely satyanarayana vratanusthana a simplest way to seek blessings of the lord.
Satyanarayana puja/ vratanusthana is narrated in Skandapurana. The puja is generally performed in the evenings of full moon day or Ekadasi or any other auspicious day in connection with marriage/house warming/fulfillment of desire etc. Satyanarayana puja is performed in reverence to the lord Satyanarayana form of lord Mahavishnu. The Lord in this form is considered to be the embodiment of the truth.
This is a Hindu religious observance. It is a ritual performed by Hindus before or on any major occasion like marriage, house warming ceremony etc., It is believed that this Puja originated in Bengal as Satya Pir and all communities perform it for their family welfare.
1) Satyanarayan Puja is one of the best & easiest ways to seek blessings from Lord Vishnu, who is the God responsible for maintenance of this Universe.
2) Typically Satyanarayan Puja is to be performed before and/or after the fulfillment of our desires e.g. if you want to achieve some important milestones in your life like success in Higher Education, Success in career, promotion, buying a new vehicle, new house, starting a new business, negotiating big professional deals etc…
3) Satyanarayan is also useful if someone in the family is not well.
4) In order to maintain general happiness, prosperity and well being of the family it is advisable to perform Satyanarayan Puja at least once every year.
5) There is no hard and fast rule as to when Satyanarayan Puja to be performed. Morning or evening time is ideal for Puja. You can perform it after major achievements in life. So also it is ideal to perform Satyanarayan Puja once every year. It is a great auspicious occasions to invite friends and relatives.
6) It is a custom to have some program of singing, dancing, playing musical instruments etc… with well wisher friends and relatives after the Puja is over.
7) Satyanarayan Puja is to be performed on an auspicious day in consultation with Panditji.
8) Satyanarayan is about 2.5 to 3 hours Puja.