Sriman Narayana Vratam Dates:
Wednesday, April 26 through Saturday, April 29, 2017.
A sequence of four vratams will be performed this week for the benefit of devotees. The vratams seek blessings from Sriman Narayana in his many incarnations and Sridevi for family member health, children’s education, dampatis’ material and spiritual quests, and finally moksha – attaining the lotus feet of the Lord.
During the Matsya avatar, Sriman Narayana appeared as Hayagriva (stands for horse neck) avatar to retrieve the lost vedas and teach it to Brahma and Saraswati. This vratam will invoke Hayagriva and seek his blessing for our childrens’ education so they may imbibe the knowledge and wisdom of the Vedas.
During the Kurma avatar, Vishnu manifested as Dhanavantari with the pot of nectar for rejuvenating celestial beings as an outcome of the churning the Cosmic Ocean of Milk. He is also the god of Ayurveda and physician to the Gods. This second vratam will invoke Lord Dhanvantri in a kalasha and seek his blessings to put an end to health problems endured by family members.
On the most auspicious Akshaya Tritiya day, a sacred abhishekam and chandana Alamkaram will be performed to Lakshmi Narasimha swamy in addition to a special vratam by 108 dampatis (couples). In the Prahalada Charitam of Bhagavatham, Lord Narasimha says to Prahalada: “He who hears about my avatar and your liberation through unwavering recitation of the “astakshari” mantra in spite of severe punishment by the demon Hiranyakasyipu, will not be reborn”. It is believed that any venture launched on this auspicious day will have a high probability of success and yield life-long benefits such as Punya. On the concluding day of the Sriman Narayana vratam sequence, a Laksharchana will be performed by 108 devotees chanting the 1008 names of the Sriman Narayana, as in Vishnu Sahasranamam. These names speak of the Lord’s auspicious traits, each of which has infinite dimensions. The greatest benefit of chanting the Sahasranamam is “moksha” – attaining the Supreme Lord. Peace of mind, good health, intelligence, knowledge, secure wealth, courage, fame and sharp memory are bestowed on all who chant it with faith and devotion.
Wednesday, April 26 6:00 – 7:30 PM Vratam 1: Lakshmi-Hayagriva Vratam by 108 devotees for childrens’ education.
Thursday, April 27 6:00 – 7:30 PM Vratam 2: Dhanavantari Vratam by 108 devotees for elders’ health.
Friday, April 28 6:00 – 7:30 PM Puja 3: Akshaya Tritiya/Lakshmi Narasimha Vratam by 108 dampatis.
Saturday, April 29 2:00 – 3:30 PM Puja 4: Sriman Narayana Laksharchana by 108 devotees.
Limited number of Deekshas will be given to devotees who commit to participate all 5 days of the event. Devotees who wish to inquire about or sign up for the Astakshari Mantra or Divya Prabhandham chanting may contact Raghavan Eachampadi at [email protected] or (510) 612-3579. For sign-up, please provide name, email address.
Pooja and Ticket price:
1) Sriman Narayana archana $21.
2) Bhagavad Ramanujacharya abhishekam $51.
3) Participation in one Vratam (Lakshmi-Hayagriva OR Dhanavantari OR Akshaya Tritiya OR Sriman Narayana Laksharchana) OR Sponsorship/sankalpa for 1.6 Lakh Astakshari Mantra chanting OR Sponsorship/sankalpa for 500 Divya Prabhandham pasuram chanting. Souvenir item: Silver coin $116.
4) Participation in any three Vratams (Lakshmi-Hayagriva, Dhanavantari, Akshaya Tritiya, Sriman Narayana Laksharchana) OR Sponsorship/sankalpa for 4.8 Lakh Astakshari Mantra chanting OR Sponsorship/sankalpa for 2000 Divya Prabhandham pasuram chanting. Souvenir item: Silver Lakshmi Narayana Vigraha $301.
5) Participation in all Vratams (Lakshmi-Hayagriva, Dhanavantari, Akshaya Tritiya, Sriman Narayana Laksharchana) OR Sponsorship/sankalpa for 8 Lakh Astakshari Mantra chanting OR Sponsorship/sankalpa for 4000 Divya Prabhandham pasuram chanting. Monthly abhisheka sankalpa for any one Vishnu Shrine for one year. Souvenir item: Silver Lakshmi-Narayana Vigraha plus Silver coin $501.
6) Grand one-day sponsorship of all Bhagavad Ramanuja Millennium Celebration events including Flowers and Annadana sponsorship for the day. Participation in all pujas plus weekly abhisheka sankalpa for one deity for one year. Souvenir item: Silk Vastra (Saree or Dhoti) $1116.
7) Silver Sponsor: Five-day sponsorship of all Bhagavad Ramanuja Millennium Celebration events including Flowers AND Annadana sponsorship for all five days. Participation in all pujas plus abhisheka sankalpa for 9 deities for 1 year. Souvenir item: Silk vastra (Saree and Dhoti) plus Lakshmi-Narayana vigraha $2501.
8) Gold sponsor: Joint sponsor of Alwar utsava moorthy. Souvenir item: Pair of 15-inch silver lamps. Participation in all pujas plus abhisheka sankalpa for 9 deities for 1 year, donor plaque on donor wall. $5001.
9) Platinum sponsor: Sole sponsor of Alwar utsava moorthy. Souvenir item: Pair of 15-inch silver lamps plus vastra (Sari and Dhoti). Participation in all pujas plus abhisheka sankalpa for all temple events for one year, room sponsorship, donor plaque on donor wall and room, SC membership as per HCCC Bylaws $10,001 +.