Santhana Ramaswamy Temple is a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu located at Needamangalam Town in Thiruvarur District of Tamilnadu. The presiding deity is Sri Santhana Rama Swamy with his consort Sri Sita Devi and Sri Lakshmana, Anjaneya is present in the Moola Sthanam in the standing posture. The pooja tradition followed in this temple is based on Vadakalai Pancharatra customs.
Hanuman, Sri Vishnu Durga and Thumbikkai Azhwar, Sri Sayana Santha Gopalan, Sri Namazhwar, Sri Nigamantha Desigan, Sri Thirumangai Azhwar, Sri Ramanujar and Sri Garuda Azhwar are the other dieties in this temple.
Sri Muthuswamy Dikshidar has sung the song “Santhana Ramaswamy sathguna swaroopam” in this temple. Srimath Udayavar, Srimath Nihamantha Mahadesigan, Sri Nammazhvar and Sri Thirumangai Azhwar also worshipped Lord Vishnu here.
Sri Rama Navami, Aadi Pooram boat festival, Aavani Pavithra Utsavam, Purattasi Navarathri, Margazhi Adhyayana Utsavam, Garudaseva on Akshaya Thirithiyai, Navarathri, Hanuman Jayanthi and Vaikunda Ekadasi are some of the festivals grandly celebrated here.
Needamangalam Sri Santhana Ramaswamy Temple Timings:
Morning: 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Evening: 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Santhana Ramaswamy Temple History:
The current temple was built by Tanjavur King Pratapa Simha. He reigned this region from 1739 to 1763. Since he had no descendants, he came to this temple and offered prayers to Sri Rama and Yamunabai(Sita Devi). He was blessed with a son, as a token of gratitude, he built this temple and also installed a little Santhana Gopalan idol at the feet of the Lord. Therefore, this custom of offering an idol or an image of Santhana Gopalan continues in this temple. The childless couple first bathes in the Saketha Pushkarni, either on the stellar days of Rohini or Revathi, and offer prayers with the idol I mentioned. The two chosen days have something to do with Rohini being the birth star of Krishna and Vishnu and Lakshmi being the athipathis of Mercury, the controlling planet of Revathi.
The best way to make your prayers come true is to trust God. While performing Santhana Gopala Pooja, couples are advised to chant the below Santana Gopala Mantra while praying Santana Gopala Swamy:
Om Devaki Sut Govinda Vasudeva Jagat Pathe Dehimey Thanayam Krishna Twamaham Sharanam Gataha Deva Deva Jagannatha Gothra Vridhi Karap Prabho Dehimey Thanayam Sheegram Ayushmandham Yashashreenam!
Meaning: O son of Devaki and Vasudeva, the Lord of the Universe O Krishna! give me a son; I take refuge in you Nagaraja is the devata for Kutumba Vridhi. all your wishes will come true. all your prayers will come true. all your desires will be fulfilled.
Homam for Child Birth / Benefits :
- One who performs this Homam to Lord Sri Santhana Rama Swamy and Sri Seetha Pirati, for “Puthra Prapthi”.
- Very powerful Homam will give the child boon to the eligible couple for sure.
- The children of the couple who perform this pooja will shine in their studies with good health.
- This Abishegam will give the devotee, power and happiness.
- It will give the devotee a turning point in life.
- It will help us to protect from all evildoers.
- This Homam gives the devotee, power and happiness.
- It shields and protects from enemies, as far as we are straightforward in nature.
- It avoids and saves the devotee from his sins, evil eyes, bad planets effects.
- It further gives good family relationship, improves mental fitness.
- It makes the devotee lead a loan-free life.
- Gives quick recovery from pandemic diseases.
- Provides sound health and Ashta Aishwaryam.
Santhana Ramaswamy Temple Address:
Tamil Nadu – 614404.