श्रीनरोत्तमाष्टकम् Lyrics in Hindi:
नमो नमः श्रीलनरोत्तमाय ॥ १॥
नमो नमः श्रीलनरोत्तमाय ॥ २॥
सद्यः समुद्यत्पुलकाय तस्मै
नमो नमः श्रीलनरोत्तमाय ॥ ३॥
नमो नमः श्रीलनरोत्तमाय ॥ ४॥
यद्दर्शनं भाग्यभरेण तस्मै
नमो नमः श्रीलनरोत्तमाय ॥ ५॥
स्थले स्थले यस्य कृपाप्रपाभिः
कृष्णान्यतृष्णा जनसंहतीनाम् ।
निर्मूलिता एव भवन्ति तस्मै
नमो नमः श्रीलनरोत्तमाय ॥ ६॥
स्पर्शः पुनः स्पर्शमणीव यस्य ।
तस्मै नमः श्रीलनरोत्तमाय ॥ ७॥
मूर्तैव भक्तिः किमयं किमेष
वैराग्यसारस्तनुमान् नृलोके ।
सम्भाव्यते यः कृतिभिः सदैव
तस्मै नमः श्रीलनरोत्तमाय ॥ ८॥
भृत्यं कृतार्थयतु मां फलितेष्टकृत्यम् ॥ ९॥
इति श्रीमद्विश्वनाथचक्रवर्तिविरचितं श्रीनरोत्तमाष्टकं सम्पूर्णम् ।
Shri Narottamashtakam Meaning:
1) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. He is indeed a true follower of Lord Gauranga Deva. From his lotus mouth showers the nectar of Sri Krsna’s name from which emanates the wonderful effulgence that destroys all ignorance.
2) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. He slightly smiles being absorbed in the bliss of chanting the holy names. His teeth illuminate in every direction. Torrents of ecstatic tears constantly bathe his face.
3) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. Just by hearing the sounds of mrdanga, his feet begin dancing. This captures one’s mind, providing such pleasure that one’s hair stands on end.
4) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. His dancing is so beautiful that it conquers the pride of the Gandharvas and amazes the assembly of all expert dancers and singers. Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has thus initiated his own style of singing and playing the mrdanga called manohara sahi.
5) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. Sometimes, in ecstasy he falls unconscious to the ground. Thus his effulgent body is adorned by the dust as a decoration. Only by the greatest fortune may one behold this divine sight.
6) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. Wherever his mercy flows, it will completely uproot the thirst for anything other than Krsna, in all the people assembled there.
7) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. His faith and steadiness of devotion is as solid as a rock. His touch transforms like the philosopher’s stone. His words are as beneficial as the words of the scriptures.
8) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. Whenever pious people see him they begin to ponder: “Is he an embodiment of devotion or is he the incarnation of renunciation in this world?”
9) A person who is absorbed in the ocean of the pastimes of Sri Sri Radha and Krsna should read these eight prayers aloud. By doing so, he will certainly attain the same abode obtained by Srila Narottama himself.
10) By Srila Narottama’s merciful glance, even such qualities as unrestrained anger will be pacified. Let his beautiful limbs, the glow of his teeth, his lotus- like face, his slight smile and his dancing be manifested in my heart.
11) Made blissful by the exceedingly sweet sound of the mrdanga and karatalas and drinking the honey of the glorification of Sri Gauranga-deva as his lotus feet dance in a most enchanting fashion-May that Sri Narottama Thakura gratify me, his lowly servant, by bestowing the fulfillment of my internal desire.