ଶ୍ରୀନରୋତ୍ତମାଷ୍ଟକମ୍ Lyrics in Oriya:
ନମୋ ନମଃ ଶ୍ରୀଲନରୋତ୍ତମାୟ ॥ ୧॥
ନମୋ ନମଃ ଶ୍ରୀଲନରୋତ୍ତମାୟ ॥ ୨॥
ସଦ୍ୟଃ ସମୁଦ୍ୟତ୍ପୁଲକାୟ ତସ୍ମୈ
ନମୋ ନମଃ ଶ୍ରୀଲନରୋତ୍ତମାୟ ॥ ୩॥
ନମୋ ନମଃ ଶ୍ରୀଲନରୋତ୍ତମାୟ ॥ ୪॥
ୟଦ୍ଦର୍ଶନଂ ଭାଗ୍ୟଭରେଣ ତସ୍ମୈ
ନମୋ ନମଃ ଶ୍ରୀଲନରୋତ୍ତମାୟ ॥ ୫॥
ସ୍ଥଲେ ସ୍ଥଲେ ୟସ୍ୟ କୃପାପ୍ରପାଭିଃ
କୃଷ୍ଣାନ୍ୟତୃଷ୍ଣା ଜନସଂହତୀନାମ୍ ।
ନିର୍ମୂଲିତା ଏଵ ଭଵନ୍ତି ତସ୍ମୈ
ନମୋ ନମଃ ଶ୍ରୀଲନରୋତ୍ତମାୟ ॥ ୬॥
ସ୍ପର୍ଶଃ ପୁନଃ ସ୍ପର୍ଶମଣୀଵ ୟସ୍ୟ ।
ତସ୍ମୈ ନମଃ ଶ୍ରୀଲନରୋତ୍ତମାୟ ॥ ୭॥
ମୂର୍ତୈଵ ଭକ୍ତିଃ କିମୟଂ କିମେଷ
ଵୈରାଗ୍ୟସାରସ୍ତନୁମାନ୍ ନୃଲୋକେ ।
ସମ୍ଭାଵ୍ୟତେ ୟଃ କୃତିଭିଃ ସଦୈଵ
ତସ୍ମୈ ନମଃ ଶ୍ରୀଲନରୋତ୍ତମାୟ ॥ ୮॥
ଭୃତ୍ୟଂ କୃତାର୍ଥୟତୁ ମାଂ ଫଲିତେଷ୍ଟକୃତ୍ୟମ୍ ॥ ୯॥
ଇତି ଶ୍ରୀମଦ୍ଵିଶ୍ଵନାଥଚକ୍ରଵର୍ତିଵିରଚିତଂ ଶ୍ରୀନରୋତ୍ତମାଷ୍ଟକଂ ସମ୍ପୂର୍ଣମ୍ ।
Shri Narottamashtakam Meaning:
1) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. He is indeed a true follower of Lord Gauranga Deva. From his lotus mouth showers the nectar of Sri Krsna’s name from which emanates the wonderful effulgence that destroys all ignorance.
2) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. He slightly smiles being absorbed in the bliss of chanting the holy names. His teeth illuminate in every direction. Torrents of ecstatic tears constantly bathe his face.
3) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. Just by hearing the sounds of mrdanga, his feet begin dancing. This captures one’s mind, providing such pleasure that one’s hair stands on end.
4) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. His dancing is so beautiful that it conquers the pride of the Gandharvas and amazes the assembly of all expert dancers and singers. Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has thus initiated his own style of singing and playing the mrdanga called manohara sahi.
5) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. Sometimes, in ecstasy he falls unconscious to the ground. Thus his effulgent body is adorned by the dust as a decoration. Only by the greatest fortune may one behold this divine sight.
6) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. Wherever his mercy flows, it will completely uproot the thirst for anything other than Krsna, in all the people assembled there.
7) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. His faith and steadiness of devotion is as solid as a rock. His touch transforms like the philosopher’s stone. His words are as beneficial as the words of the scriptures.
8) Again and again I offer my obeisances unto Srila Narottama dasa Thakura. Whenever pious people see him they begin to ponder: “Is he an embodiment of devotion or is he the incarnation of renunciation in this world?”
9) A person who is absorbed in the ocean of the pastimes of Sri Sri Radha and Krsna should read these eight prayers aloud. By doing so, he will certainly attain the same abode obtained by Srila Narottama himself.
10) By Srila Narottama’s merciful glance, even such qualities as unrestrained anger will be pacified. Let his beautiful limbs, the glow of his teeth, his lotus- like face, his slight smile and his dancing be manifested in my heart.
11) Made blissful by the exceedingly sweet sound of the mrdanga and karatalas and drinking the honey of the glorification of Sri Gauranga-deva as his lotus feet dance in a most enchanting fashion-May that Sri Narottama Thakura gratify me, his lowly servant, by bestowing the fulfillment of my internal desire.