Sri Radha Kunda Ashtakam Lyrics in English:
vrsabha danuja nasan narma dharmokti rangair
nikhila nija sakhibhir yat sva hastena p urnam
prakatitam api vrndaranya rajna pramodais
tad ati surabhi radha kundam evasrayo me || 1 ||
vraja bhuvi mura satroh preyasinam nikamair
asulabham api t urnam prema kalpa drumam tam
janayati hrdi bh umau snatur uccair priyam yat
tad ati surabhi radha kundam evasrayo me || 2 ||
agha ripur api yatnad atra devyah prasada
prasara krta kataksa prapti kamah prakamam
anusarati yad ucaaih snana sevanubandhais
tad ati surabhi radha kundam evasrayo me || 3 ||
vraja bhuvana sudhamsoh prema bh umir nikamam
vraja madhura kisori mauli ratna priyeva
paricitam api namna ya ca tenaiva tasyas
tad ati surabhi radha kundam evasrayo me || 4 ||
api jana iha kascid yasya seva prasadaih
pranaya sura lata syat tasya gosthendra s unoh
sapadi kila mad isa dasya puspa prasasya
tad ati surabhi radha kundam evasrayo me || 5 ||
tata madhura nikunjah klpta namana uccair
nija parijana vargaih samvibhajyasritas taih
madhukara ruta ramya yasya rajanti kamyas
tad ati surabhi radha kundam evasrayo me || 6 ||
tata bhuvi vara vedyam yasya narmati hrdyam
madhura madhura vartam gostha candrasya bhangya
prathayati mitha isa prana sakhyalibhih sa
tad ati surabhi radha kundam evasrayo me || 7 ||
anudinam ati rangaih prema mattali sanghair
vara sarasija gandhair hari vari prap urne
viharata iha yasmin dam pati tau pramattau
tad ati surabhi radha kundam evasrayo me || 8 ||
avikalam ati devyas caru kundastakam yah
paripathati tadiyollasi dasyarpitatma
aciram iha sarire darsayaty eva tasmai
madhu ripur ati modaih slisyamanam priyam tam || 9 ||
Sri Radha Kunda Ashtakam Meaning :
1) May very fragrant Radha’-kunda, which, prodded by the gopis’ many joking words after Vrsabhasura’s death, the king of Vrndavana forest happily built and filled with His own hand, be my shelter.
2) May very dear and fragrant Radha-kunda, which, for one who bathes in it immediately creates in the land of the heart a desire tree of pure love rare even among the gopi beloveds of Lord Krsna in Vraja, be my shelter.
3) May very dear and fragrant Radha-kunda, where, yearning to attain the merciful sidelong glance of His queen, Lord Krsna diligently follows Her bathing attendants, be my shelter.
4) May very fragrant Radha’-kunda, which is named after a girl who is a realm of love for He who is the moon of Vraja, a girl who is like the most precious jewel in the crown of the sweet girls of Vraja, be my shelter.
5) The mercy obtained by serving Radha’-kunda makes the celestial vine of pure love for the prince of Vraja, which is famous for bearing the flowers of service to my queen, sprout. May that very fragrant Radha’-kunda be my shelter.
6) May very fragrant Radha-kunda, on the shores of which are many splendid and charming forest groves filled with the sweet sounds of bumblebees and each named after one of Sri Radha’s friends, be my shelter.
7) May very fragrant Radha-kunda, on the shore of which, in a pleasant courtyard Queen Radha and Her friends sweetly joke with Lord Krsna, the moon of Vraja, be my shelter.
8) May very fragrant Radha-kunda, where the passionate divine couple daily plays with Their passionate friends in the charming lotus-scented water, be my shelter.
9) To one who is completely dedicated to Queen Radha’s service and who happily reads these eight beautiful verses describing Her lake, even in this present body Lord Krsna shows His beloved as he happily embraces Her.