Kateel or Kateelu is a temple town in the Dakshina Kannada district of the Indian state of Karnataka. It is considered one of the holiest Hindu temple towns in India. It is situated on the banks of the river Nandini. Every year Annual Ustavam are celebrated for 10 days in a grand manner. This year annual ustavam starts on March 14 and ends on April 21.
Kateelu Temple Annual Ustavam Schedule 2022:
- 12th April – Doddarangapuje (night)
- 13th April – Ankuraropana (Night)
- 14th April – Dwajarohana (8 am), Uthsavabali (Night)
- 15th April – Ugadi Deepabali (Early morning), Uthsavabali (Night)
- 16th April – Prathistavardhanthi at Brahmarivana (Noon), Uthsavabali, Moodusavari (Night).
- 17th April – Deepabali (Early morning), Uthsavabali (night)
- 18th April – Uthsavabali, Belli Rathotsava (Night)
- 19th April – Parva at Brahma Sannidhi, Durga Japayajna (Noon), Uthsavabali, Padusavari (night)
- 20th April – Brahma Rathotsava (noon), Uthsavabali, Shribhoothabali, Shayana (night)
- 21st April – Kavatodghatana (Early morning), Avabhrithothsava (Arata).
Kateel Durgaparameshwari Temple Timings:
Temple Timings: 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Darshan Timings: 5:30 AM to 9:30 PM
Kateel Parameshwari Temple Dress Code:
There is no strict dress code in Kateel Durga Parameshwari Temple but it is recommended to wear decent clothes to the Temple. Shorts, Bathing wear, and miniskirts are not allowed inside the Temple. Material made of animal skin is not allowed inside the temple premises.