Srisailam Maha Shivaratri 2022 Brahmotsavams begin Date: 22nd February 2022
Srisailam Maha Shivaratri 2022 Brahmotsavams Conclude Date: 4th March 2022
Srisailam Shivaratri 2022 Brahmotsavams Schedule:
- 22nd February : Ankurarpanam & Dwajarohanam
- 23rd February: Brungi Vahana Seva
- 24th February : Hamsa Vahana seva
- 25th February : Mayuri Vahana Seva
- 26th February: Ravana Vahana Seva
- 27th February: PusphaPallaki Seva
- 28th February: Gaja Vahanam
- 1st March: Mahashivaratri, Prabotsavam, Nandi Vahana Seva, Lingodbhava Maha Rudrabhishekam, Pagalkarna, Kalyanotsavam
- 2nd March: Rathotsavam,Teppotsavam
- 3rd March: Purnahuthi,Vasantotsavam,Dwajarohana
- 4th March: Aswa Vahanam, Sayanotsavam, Phuspotsavam.
Shivaratri Brahmotsavams is one of the most famous festivals celebrated by Shaivism followers and at the Srisailam Sri Bhramaramba Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple. The 2022 Brahmotsavams will start on February 22 and end on March 4.
The Brahmothsavams begin with Ankurarpana a religious ritual on the occasion of the feast followed by Dhwajarohana in which Dhwaja Patam (a white flag) marked with the Nandi symbol is hoisted on the Dhwajasthambha of the temple. It is said that Dhwajarohana is the significant event of the beginning of the Brahmothsavams to invite all Devatas.
The Vahana Sevas are another important event of the celebrations in which the procession God and Goddess took place in various Vahanas. On the day of Mahasivarathri at midnight during Lingodbhavakalam Abhishekam will be presented to God Mallikarjuna Swamy in a religious manner.
The Radhothsavam will begin the day after Mahasivaratri in the evening. A huge number of devotees will participate in the Car festival. The celebration ends with Dhwajavarohana in which the Dhwaja Patakam (flag) is removed from the Dhwajasthambham.
Srisailam Brahmotsavams Vahanas:
Puspha Pallaki Vahanam