Tallest Murugan Statue in India
This tallest Monolithic Murugan is situated on a shatkona hillock (star-shaped pedestal) with a meditation hall below the shatkonam. The whole temple complex is designed in the shape of an “Om” (ஓம்).
This Monolithic Balamurugan Statue is 40 feet in height and 150 tonnes in weight and is located at Saveetha Medical College premises, Thandalam, Chennai.
The Kudamuzhukku Nanneerattu Vizha / Maha Kumbabishegam of the tallest monolithic Deity of Swamy Balamurugan was held at Saveetha Medical College premises at Chennai on 31.03.21.
The function was presided by Thavathiru Rathnagiri Balamurugan Adimai Swamigal, Perur Peradhinam Thavathiru Shanthalinga Marudhachala Swamigal, Vadalur Thavathiru Ooran Swamigal, Thavathiru Sachithanantha Kalavai Swamigal, Kowmara Madalaya Thavathiru Kumaragurubara Swamigal and Mailam Bommapura Adhinam Sivagnana Balaya Swamigal.
The Honourable Governor of Telangana and Pondicherry Dr. Tamizhisai Soundararajan participated in the function.
Special features of the temple include:
- 40 feet height of Swami Balamurugan in a single stone – the tallest in the world.
- Six-pointed Star or Shatkon shaped pedestal.
- Om-shaped ramp visible aerially and as one walks down the ramp.
- The temple is situated on a small hillock that is accessible for the elderly through a ramp.
Shatkon shaped meditation hall.
- Ten sub-shrines of Ganapathi, Sellandiamman, Dhanvanthri, Hayagrivar, Goddess Saraswathy, Dakshinamoorthy, Lord Vishnu, Shiva, Hanuman and Navagraha.
- A shrine for Ganesha, Saptha Kanniyar and Nagar under the conjoint tree of Peepal and neem tree.
- The Prasadam is a laddu made of thinai, jaggery and ghee.
- The stone weighing 320 tonnes was brought from Siruvambur and carved to 150 tonnes.
- It took four years of workmanship and a decade of meticulous planning and the blessings of Ratnagiri Swamigal to bring it to fruition.