Sri Danvantri Arogya Temple Objectives:
- To promote and engage in the delivery of all welfare services; relief of poverty, educate individuals, groups and families, improve quality of life & the pursuit of health, happiness and longevity.
- Through the teachings of Vedas promote understanding of multiculturalism, tolerance, love of humanity, unity in diversity, peaceful co-existence of people and in harmony with nature.
- To promote and assist the development of all aspects of social welfare by assisting the work of statutory authorities and voluntary organizations engaged in relieving poverty, distress, sickness, suffering, destitution or helplessness or in pursuing objects which now are may hereafter be deemed to be charitable.
- To provide and further co-operate in the achievement of the above purposes and to that end extend consultation to the authorities and organizations engaged in the furtherance of the above purposes or any of them.
- To promote and carry out or assist in promoting and carrying out surveys related to the needs of people in the field of welfare and to arrange for forwarding to authorities and organizations such as surveys for active remedial actions.
- To promote, assist or carry out special projects of research to advance and assist works of statutory authorities and voluntary organizations alleviating the poverty and distress and improving social conditions and quality of life in the community;
To develop an informed public opinion on matters related to citizen welfare by arranging or providing for assisting to arrange or provide for the holding of exhibitions, meetings, lectures, seminars or other public functions.
- To compile, print and publish such material as would further the objects of the Maha Peedam.
- To provide an advisory service on matters of welfare and general well being of citizens.
- To act as a channel of inquiry for all relevant authorities in the promotion of social services of a charitable benevolent or general nature.
- To organize highest levels of lectures, meeting and conventions and promote avenues to assist all governments; including the United Nations and all it’s agencies in the development of their strategies and programs targeted to benefit all citizens irrespective of their beliefs, geographical situations and political affiliations. At this temple, there is no aarthi except once in the morning and in the evening. There is no hundi, no Archana.
Swami Prasadams are simple: Sukku Vellam, Mandra Rakshai, Abhisheka Thailam, Honey, Herbs, Navadaanyam Packet, Herbal Rakshai, Deities photos, and so on. Daily Homams are conducted by the devotee himself (no temple in the world follows such a practice).
(a) Sugar Naadi (b) Sthapathi
- The Peedam construction was completed in a record time of 120 days, the work undertaken by renowned Sculptor, Sri Ganapathy Sthapathi, Government of Tamilnadu’s accredited (Asthana) Sculptor and who is well-known for building the world-famous Valluvar Kottam in Chennai, tallest Thiruvalluvar Statue in Kanyakumari and involvement in many temples in India and across the world.
Sri Danvantri Arogya Peedam Address:
Tamil Nadu – 632513.
Mobile : +91-9443330203
E-mail: [email protected]