Anakapalle Sri Nookambica Temple Timings:
Morning: 5.30 am to 12.00 Noon.
Evening: 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
Sri Nookambica Ammavaru, popularly known as Sri Anagha Devi in the ancient days, is one of the Nine Shakti forms. During the reign of Kakatiya kings, the temple was renovated and the worship of the same goddess with the name “Sri Kakatamba” continued by performing daily pujas and Deeparadhanas. Decline of the dynasties resulted in the interruption of the daily pujas and other rituals. Anakapalli town is named after Anagha Devi.
It is believed that Sri Shakti Ammavaru created the whole universe which happened between the new moon day of Palguna Bahula Amavasya and new moon day of April. This period is regarded as the holy period and special rituals and pujas are performed to Sri Nookambica Ammavaru. Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday are regarded as auspicious days for performing puja to Sri Nookambika Ammavaru.
Nookambica Temple Miracles:
The goddess protects her devotees who worship her with firm belief. Diseases such as chicken pox, measles etc., are miraculously cured by the grace of Sri Nookambica Ammavaru. With reverence to Sri Nookambica Ammavaru, many devotees named their children after the deity.
About Nookambica Ammavari Temple:
During 1611 A.D. the Arcot Nawab appointed Sri Kakarlapudi Appalaraju as Diwan of Anakapalli area. To bring back its lost glory, he renovated the temple and worshipped the goddess as Sri Nookambika Ammavaru. The devotees have firm faith on the goddess Sri Nookambica Ammavaru and they firmly believe that the goddess fulfills their desires and protects them from all difficulties.
In 1935 the Endowments Department took over the administration of Sri Nookambica Ammavari temple and an officer in the cadre of Assistant Commissioner is appointed as Executive Officer. Funds of this temple are utilized for renovation of temples from Godavari district and to Berhempur district. The temple has an average annual income Rs 68 lakhs. Development of the temple premises with coconut trees and vegetation, and construction of new cottages and roads attract thousands of devotees to the temple.
Nookambica Temple Poojas with Timings:
Temple Opening time, Aradhana – 5.30 a.m.
Balabhoga Nivedyam – 6:00 a.m. to 6.30 a.m.
Darsanams from 6:30 a.m.
Raja Bhogam – 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Bhogam – 4.00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Veda Parayanam – 6.00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Temple Closing timing – 8.00 p.m.
Sevas / Pujas Ticket Details:
1) Anthralaya Darsanam – Rs.25.00
2) Kesakhandana (Tonsure) – Rs.10.00
3) Kumkuma Puja – Rs. 30.00
4) Return saree – Rs.5.00
5) Seeghra darsanam – Rs.50.00
6) Visista darsanam – Rs 50.00
7) Special Darsanam – Rs.100.00
8) Two Wheeler Puja (Scooter, Cycle) – Rs.25.00
9) Four Wheeler Puja (Car, Jeep, Auto) – Rs.100.00
10) Heavy vehicle Puja – Rs.150.00
11) Saswatha Puja – Rs.1116.00
12) Dasara Navaratrulu kumkum Archana (Puja will be performed got 9 days & prasadam, blouse piece etc distributed) – Rs.516.00
13) Dasara kumkum Archana (Only one day Puja and prasadam distributed) – Rs.150.00
14) Oonjal Seva – Rs.216.00
15) Mahalakshmi Dhana Puja Rs.20.00
16) Return of decorated saree of Goddess – Rs.116.00
17) Panchamrutha Abhishekam – Rs.100.00 Only 2 persons allowed.
Anakapalle Sri Nookambica Temple Accommodation :
1) Sri Nookambica Complex 8 Rooms are available. Boarding times 6.00 A.M to 6.00 P.M Each Rs.200.00
2) Sri Anagadevi Complex 13 Rooms are available. Boarding times 6.00 A.M to 6.00 P.M Each Rs.200.00
3) Sri Kakathamba Complex (Dining Hall type 10 Rooms available. Boarding times 6.00 A.M to 6.00 P.M Each Rs.200.00
4) Sri Pothu Raju Complex (Dining Hall type 9 Rooms available. Boarding times 6.00 A.M to 6.00 P.M Each Rs.150.00
5) Kalyana Mandapam at Ground Floor Rs.1500.00 Per day.
6) Kalyana Mandapam at Floor 1st Floor Rs.1500.00 Per day.
Temples near Anakapalle Nookambica Temple:
1) Sri Satynarayana Swamy Temple, Satyanarayanapuram, 4 km.
2) Bojaanna konda, Thummapala 6 km.
3) Sri Sahasrakshi Meru Temple, Devipuram 15 km.
4) Sri Dharmalingeswara Swamy temple, Darapalem, Panchadrala, 25 km.
5) Sri Varaha Lakshmi Narayana Swamy Devasthanam, Simhachalam, 35 km.
6) Sri Kanaka Mahalakshmi ammavari Devasthanam, Burujupeta, 45 km.
7) Sri Satynarayana Swamy Temple, Sandhill, Visakhapatnam, 46 km.
8) Sri Swayambhu Vigneswara Swamy temple, Chodavaram 20 km.
9) Sri Kasivisweswara Swamy Temple, Anakapalli, 2 km.
Sri Nookambica Ammavari Temple,
Andhra Pradesh – 531002.
Cell No. 9491000713.
Office Number:08924 – 226823, 226824.