Sri Nookambica Ammavari Temple is a famous temple in Visakhapatnam, huge number of devotees visit this temple on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and sundays to get the blessings of the goddess.
Daily Regular Poojas, Archanas and Deeparadhanas are performed in this temple. Devotees believe Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays are considered auspicious days to performing pooja to Ammavaru.
Yearly Nookalamma Jathara is the biggest festival celebrated on Kottha Amavasya which comes before Ugadi festival. The biggest festival comes once in a year called Nookalamma Jathara, which is held for a month long. This Nookalamma jathara begins on Kottha Amavasya, which is a day before Ugadi festival, a Telugu New Year. Thousands of pilgrims from neighboring states like Orissa, Telangana, West Bengal and the peoples from nearby villages visit this Jathara to worship Nookambika Devi.
Sri Nookambika Ammavari Temple is situated in Gavarapalem village in Anakapally, Visakhapatnam. The presiding deity is Nookambika ammavaru. Goddess Nookambika is a village deity who is said to protect the people of the village. Sri Nookambika Ammavaru is also know as Sri Nookallamma Ammavaaru in this temple.
Anakapalle Sri Nookambica Ammavari Temple Darsanam / Timings: 5.30 am to 12.00 Noon and 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
Poojas with Timings:
Temple Opening time, Aradhana – 5:30 AM
Balabhoga Nivedyam – 6:00 AM to 6:30 AM
Darsanams from 6:30 AM
Raja Bhogam – 11:30 AM to 12:00 Noon
Bhogam – 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Veda Parayanam – 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM
Temple Closing timing – 8:00 PM
Sevas / Poojas Ticket Price:
1) Anthralaya Darsanam – Rs.25/-
2) Kesakhandana (Tonsure) – Rs.10/-
3) Kumkuma pooja – Rs. 30/-
4) Return saree – Rs.5/-
5) Seeghra darsanam – Rs.50/-
6) Visista darsanam – Rs 50/-
7) Special Darsanam – Rs.100/-
8) Two Wheeler Pooja (Scooter, Cycle) – Rs.25/-
9) Four Wheeler Pooja (Car, Jeep, Auto) – Rs.100/-
10) Heavy vehicle Pooja – Rs.150/-
11) Saswatha pooja – Rs.1116/-
12) Dasara Navaratrulu kumkum Archana (pooja will be performed got 9 days & prasadam, blouse piece etc distributed) – Rs.516/-
13) Dasara kumkum Archana (Only one day pooja and prasadam distributed) – Rs.150/-
14) Oonjal Seva – Rs.216/-
15) Mahalakshmi Dhana Pooja Rs.20/-
16) Return of decorated saree of Goddess – Rs.116/-
17) Panchamrutha Abhishekam – Rs.100/-Only 2 persons allowed
Sri Nookambica Ammavari Temple Annadanam Schemes:
Nithya Annadhanam Scheme Categories Of Donor:
Maharaja Poshak – Rs. 1 lakhs & above
Raja Poshak – Rs. 50,000/- & above
Poshak – Rs. 10,000/- & above
Donors – Rs. 1,116/- & above
Nithya Annadhana Scheme was started to provide free meals to the devotees who visit Sri Nookambica Ammavari Temple. Free meals is provide every day in the lunch time. The donated amount will be directly deposited in the bank. The interest money is used for distributing Annaprasadham. The donars can specified the day for distributing Annaprasadham on his name.
Devotees who wish to donate can donate Rs. 1,116/- or more through Demand Draft (DD), Cheque, Money Order (M.O) in favour of the Below address.
The Executive Officer,
Sri Nookambica Ammavari Devasthanam,
Sri Nookambica Ammavari Temple Address:
Sri Nookambica Ammavari Temple,
Andhra Pradesh – 531002.
Cell No. 9491000713.
Office Number:08924 – 226823, 226824.