Sabarimala Ayyappa Swamy Temple Do’s:
1) Take rest for 5 minutes after a walk of 10 minutes during the climb. Use the traditional path – Marakoottam, Saramkuthy, Nadapanthal – to reach Sannidhanam.
2) Follow the queue system to reach Pathinettampadi.
3) Use the Nadapanthal fly over for return journey.
4) Ascertain the prevailing crowd situation and then only proceed to Sannidhanam from Pampa.
5) While using Dolly, make payment only at the Devaswom counter and keep the receipt.
6) Subject yourself for security check at security check-points.
7) Approach police for any help.
8) Inform police about any suspicious characters.
9) Buy edible items from licensed outlets only.
10) Keep Pampa, Sannidhanam and the trekking paths clean.
11) Park vehicles only at the allotted parkig slots.
12) Deposit waste in the waste boxes only.
13) Avail the facilities of medical centers and oxygen parlours if needed.
14) In case of isolation from groups /friends devotees may report at police aid posts.
15) Cleanliness- Throw waste only in collection bins. Keep the temple premises and trekking paths clean;
16) Fire –Keep matchbox & other inflammable materials away from children.
17) Fire-if lighted should be put out immediately after use;
18) Remove plugs from sockets after use
19) Place ‘viri’ only in the designated parking areas
20) Follow queue system- Do not jump queue segment- do not rush in queue\Approach police for help
21) Security check- cooperate with staff
22) Use only toilets for urination/bowel clearance
23) ID cards with name/address/telephone number to be hung on the necks of children/aged and Malikappurams-report to police when lost in the crowd
24) Return journey-FROM MALLIKAPPURAM TEMPLE, USE ‘SARANA SETHU’, THE NEW EXIT WAY LEADING TO CHANDRANANDAN ROAD
Sabarimala Ayyappa Swamy Temple Dont’s:
1) Do not use mobile phones at the temple premises.
2) Do not consume alcohol or drugs.
3) Do not jump the queue.
4) Do not rush while in the queue.
5) Do not carry weapons or other explosives substances.
6) Do not entertain unauthorized vendors.
7) Do not urinate outside toilets and clear bowels outside latrines.
8) Do not make extra payment for any service.
9) Do not hesitate to approach police for any help.
10) Do not throw waste anywhere other than the waste bins.
11) Do not break coconuts on the Pathinetampadi.
12) Do not break coconuts anywhere other than on designated places on both sides of Pathinettampadi.
13) Do not kneel at Pathinetampadi while climbing the holy steps.
14) Do not use any path other than Nadapanthal flyover for return journey.
15) Do not rest anywhere at Upper Thirumuttam or Thanthrinada.
16) Do not use pathways for viris at Nadapanthal and lower Thirumuttam.
17) DO NOT BRING PLASTIC CARRY BAGS BEYOND NILAKKAL
18) Fire – do not cause forest fire – do not throw burned wood/camphor/incandescent sticks etc. carelessly
19) Fire – do not carry inflammable liquids, fire crackers.Cooking gas, stoves etc. are not be used in Sannidhanam area
20) Fire – electrical appliances are potential source of fire – do not overload by putting multiple connections
21) Fire – burnt matches – do not throw carelessly
22) Fire – do not cook food inside ‘viri’ sheds
23) Fire – do not light camphor in temporary sheds
24) Do not carry knives and other sharp weapons
25) Do not operate electrical equipments with wet hands
26) Trekking – do not climb hurriedly
27) Do not smoke in Pampa, Sannidhanam and along the trekking routes
28) Makara Jyothi Darshan – do not climb trees and on unsafe buildings
29) Begging – prohibited – do not encourage
30) Do not rest anywhere at Upper Thirumuttom.