TTD requests all visitors to preserve the sanctity of the Tirumala area. Suggestions in the form of ‘Dos and Don’ts’ are displayed at various places in Tirupati and Tirumala. You are requested to get acquainted with them before you visit Tirumala. Do’s & Donts on Sri Balaji, Malayappa Swami, Tirupati Thimmappa
Do’s At Tirumala Hills:
- Do book your travel and accommodation in Tirumala through TTD in advance.
- Do pay obeisance to your Ishta Daivam or Kula Daivam before you start for Tirumala.
- Do bathe in the Pushkarini and worship Sri Varahaswami in His temple before you worship Lord Sri Venkateswara.
- Do bathe and wear clean clothes before you enter the temple.
- Do observe absolute silence inside the temple and chant Om Sri Venkatesaya Namah to yourself.
- Do bathe in the Papavinasanam and Akasa Ganga teerthams near Tirumala.
- Do respect ancient customs while at Tirumala.
- Do respect and promote religious sentiments among co-pilgrims.
- Do deposit your offerings in the hundi only.
- Do contact any of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams Enquiry Offices for information regarding the temple and your worship there.
- Do wear a tilak in accordance with your religious affiliation.
- Do follow the procedures of the temple and wait for your turn for the darshan of the Lord
Don’t Do At Tirumala Hills:
- Don’t come to Tirumala for any purpose other than worshipping the Lord.
- Don’t carry too much jewelry or cash with you.
- Don’t eat non-vegetarian food. Don’t consume liquor or other intoxicants.
- Don’t approach strangers for accommodation.
- Don’t wear footwear, or move around in a vehicle, in and around the premises of the temple.
- Don’t rush in for darshan, but move along in the queue.
- Don’t approach touts for quick darshan.
- Don’t prostrate (sastanga danda pranamam) inside the temple.
- Don’t buy spurious prasadam from street vendors.
- Don’t throw away the prasadam and teertham given to you at the temple.
- Don’t enter the temple, if, according to custom or usage, you are prohibited to enter.
- Don’t wear flowers and garlands in Tirumala; all flowers are for the Lord only.
- Don’t encourage beggars.
- Don’t spit or be a nuisance inside the temple premises.