40) Question: What is Tatvam?
Answer: Real objects or an ever-existent entity.
41) Question: How many kinds are there?
Answer : Atmatatvam, Vidyatatvam, Sivatatvam.
42) Question: How many kinds of Atmatatvam are there?
Answer: Twenty four, they are:-
1. Prithvi (Earth)
2. Appu (Air)
3. Theyu (Fire)
4. Vayu (Air)
5. Akas (Ether)
Nos. 1-5 are five bhootas or elements.
6. Srottiram (Ear)
7. Tuvakku (Skin)
8. Satchu (Eyes)
9. Singuvai (Mouth)
10. Aakiranam (Nose)
Nos. 6-10 are five organs of Sense.
11. Sabdam (Sound)
12. Sparisam (Touch)
13. Rupa (Sight)
14. Rasa (Taste)
15. Gandam (Smell)
Nos. 11-15 are five senses or tanmatras.
16. Vakku (Mouth)
17. Padam (Foot)
18. Pani (Hand)
19. Payuru (Anus)
20. Upaththam (Genitals)
Nos. 16-20 are four Andakaarnas or internal senses.
21. Manas (Mind)
22. Buddhi (Reason)
23. Ahankaram (Self-assertion)
24. Chittam (Thinking faculty)
Nos. 21-24 are four Andakaranas or internal senses.
43) Question: How many are Vidyatatvam?
Answer: They are seven in number, viz.
1. Kalam (Time)
2. Niyati (Destiny-Law of Karma)
3. Kalai (Learning)
4. Viddhai (Knowledge)
5. Aragam (Desire)
6. Purudan (Egoism)
7. Maya (Non-ego, cosmic matter)
44) Question: How many are Sivatatva?
Answer: Five, viz.
1. Suddha Viddhai (Pure knowledge-Ninmalagana)
2. Eswaram (Pure action)
3. Sadakkiam (Eternal light and bliss)
4. Sakti (Divine Power)
5. Sivam (Love)
45) Question: How many internal organs are there?
Answer: The above said thirty-six.
46) Question: How many are the external organs?
Answer: Sixty, They are:-
3. External skin
4. Blood vessels
Nos. 1-5 are produced from Prithvi (Earth).
6. Fluid water
Nos. 6-10 are produced from Appu (Water)
Nos. 11-15 are produced from Theyu (Fire)
Nos. 16-20 are produced from Vayu (Air)
21. Kama or Sexual love
22. Krodha or anger
23. Lopa or avarice
24. Matha or pride
25. Macharya or envy
Nos. 21-25 are produced from Akas (ether)
26. Prana-inhaled and exhaled air
27. Apana-downward air or flatus
28. Udana-air going upwards from the foot to the head
29. Vyana-regulating air that circulates
30. Samana-gastric juice
31. Naga-causing coughing, sneezing &c.
32. Koorma-giving vitality to the eye
33. Krihara-causing laziness and yawnings
34. Devadatta-cause of twinkling and laughing
35. Dhananjaya, vital air that fattens.
Nos. 26-35 are ten vital airs.
36. Idaikala, the canal which passes from the end of the spinal column to the head through the left nostril.
37. Pingala, ditto through the right nostril.
38. Sushumna, the canal which passes straight through the six centers, anus, private part, navel, heart, uvula and forehead.
39. Kandhari, the canal dividing itself into 7 passages for 7 kinds of natham or sound being produced and located in the neck.
40. Atti, Optic nerves.
42. Alampudai, Occupy the ears
44. Kuku which connects the navel and the generic organ.
45. Sankini, which occupy the organs of generation.
Nos. 36-45 are dasa nadis or blood-vessels.
46. Vachana, speech
47. Gamana, going
48. Dhana, giving
49. Visarga, discharge
50. Ananda, carnal pleasure.
Nos. 46-50 are five actions of Karmendriyas, or the organs of action.
51. Sookumai, sound in the navel
52. Pisanti, sound produced in the throat
53. Madyama, sound formed within the throat
54. Vikari, articulate sound from the tongue or mouth.
Nos. 51-54 are four articulate sounds.
55. Satva (goodness)
56. Rajas (wickedness)
57. Thamas (ignorance)
Nos. 55-57 are three gunas or qualities.
Nos. 58-60 these three are Ishanatirayam.
47) Question: What is the total number of internal and external organs?
Answer: Ninety-six as above pointed out.
48) Question: What is meant by ‘adhwa’?
Answer: Marga or path. They are of 6 kinds, viz.
49) Question: What are the five-fold functions of God?
1. Srishti (creation)
2. Sthithi (preservation)
3. Samhara (resolution)
4. Troubhava (obscuration)
5. Anugraha (blessing with Parasivagnana)
50) Question: What are the three tenses?
Answer: Past, present and future.
51) Question: What are the three regions?
Lunar region (Chandramandalam)
Solar region (Suryamandalam)
Fire region (Agnimandalam)
52) Question: What are the three avastas or States of a Soul’s existence?
1. Kevala avasta (the State of the Soul in its original, unevolved and undeveloped state i.e., thuriyathitha avasta).
2. Sakala avasta comprising Jagra avasta-waking state, Swapnaavasta-dreaming state, sushupti avasta-state of a dead sleep, thuriyavasta state of the soul breathing in bodies in which consciousness ins not yet developed.
3. Sutta avasta (the state of the Jivanmukta).
53) Question: What are the five kalais?
1. Nivirti kalai
2. Pratishta kalai
3. Vidya kalai
4. Santhi kalai
5. Santiatita kalai
54) Question: What are the five kosams?
55) Question : What are the four kinds of births?
1. Andasam-(born of eggs)
2. Swedasam-(born of perspiration)
3. Uppisam-(born of the earth)
4. Sarayusam-(born of the womb)
56) Question: What are the 7 kinds of beings?
5. Fish living in the water
6. Reptiles crawling on Earth
57) Question: Name the 3 persons
1. First-person, as I, We,
2. Second person, as you
3. Third-person, as he, she, it and they
58) Question: What are the 6 sources?
1. Moolathatam (anus)
2. Swathithanam (genitals)
3. Manipuragam (navel)
4. Anakatham (heart)
6. Agnnai (face)