- 3 km from the main temple
- Located next to Silathoranam (one of the world’s oldest rock formations of archeological importance).
- Free TTD Bus (3 trips a day) till ‘Srivari Paadam’ (Lord’s feet), on return can get down here to also see a small park with few birds operated by TTD.
- On the 12th day of the waning moon in the Kaarthika month, Prasadham will be distributed here.
- In between Srivari Paadam & Sila Thoranam, there is Dharmagiri (holy script Sanskrit school for brahmins). Public not allowed inside.
- Belief is that Lord Brahma asked Lord Vishnu to show a suitable pure location for penance. Lord Vishnu then sent his discus, which carved out an area on the hill, creating a place for Lord Brahma. A narrow pass of water from the hill streams rushed around. Vishnu with his Sudarshana chakra cleansed Brahma’s grief. Chakra then fell here, hence water here is known as Chakra Theertham. To rid of demons, who were a menace to life, a devotee names Padmanabha meditated.
- Cleanses bather’s sins that would lead one to the lotus feet of Lord.
Chakra Teertham Timing: 24-hrs.
Best time to visit Chakra Teertham: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Time required to visit Chakra Teertham: 60 min.