Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple Timings:
Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple Sevas / Poojas:
1) Asthothara Satanamavali Rs. 20-00
2) Sahasra Namarchana Rs. 50-00
3) Eka Rudra Abhishekam Rs. 25-00
4) Eka Graha Abhishekam Rs. 25-00
5) Annaprasana / Namakarana / Askharabhyasam Rs.25-00/-
6) Sri Satyanarayana Swamy Vrata Pooja Rs.116-00/-
7) Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Snapana Rs.60-00/-
8) Navagraha Abhishekam Rs.58-00/-
9) Santhi Rs.75-00/-
10) Chowlamu Rs.5-00/-
11) Vendi Puspamulatho Sahasranama Archana Rs.75-00/-
12) Vendi Puspamulatho Asttotharam Rs.30-00/-
13) Marriages Rs.250-00/-
14) Special Darshan Rs.5-00/-
15) Abishekam Price Rs.1200/-
16) Saswatha Asthothara Namarchana Rs.1516/- For 10 years only.
Sri Sahasralingeswara Swamy Temple History:
The temple complex of Sri Sahasra Lingeswara and Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple at Ponnur is located 30 kms away from Guntur Town on Guntur-Bapatla-Chirala (G.B.C.Road) State High Way. The nearest Railway Station is Nidubrolu Vijayawada-Chennai Track, which is just 2 kms away from the temple. The temple compound measures about 6 acres and there are 6 temples in the temple complex, which are:
- Sri Sahasralingeswara Swamy Vari Temple,
- Sri Veeranjaneya Swamyvari Temple,
- Sri Garutmanta Swamyvari Temple,
- Sri Dasavataramula Temple,
- Sri Kalabhairava Swamyvari Temple,
- Sri Swarna Venkateswara Swamyvari Temple
Among these, the Sri Sahasralingeswara Swamy vari Temple was built first, in the year 1938. Other deities installed along with the presiding deity include his consort Sri Parvathi Devi, Sri Shanmukha Swamy, Sri Veerabhadra Swamy and Sri Vigneswara Swamy. The remaining temples were constructed during subsequent periods.
These temples were constructed by Sri Kota Jagannadha Swamy, a disciple of the Lord, after collecting donations from the devotees of various villages in this area. He also acquired a wet land of about 63 acres in the name of the Temple which are spread among various villages in Tenali revenue division.
The main attraction here is the idol of Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy vari, which is 24 feet tall and 12 feet wide, and carved in one single black granite stone. Similarly, the idol of Sri Garutmanta Swamy is carved from a single black granite stone and is about 30 feet high. Both these idols were installed in 1969, after performing necessary Pratista in accordance with Vaikhanasa Agama Sastra during. Large numbers of devotees from different parts of the State visit this temple, making it a popular pilgrim center.
In the Sri Veeranjaneya Swamyvari temple, there are five Lingas of different sizes positioned near the feet of Lord Shiva. Idol of Goddess Parvati Devi is carved out of Black Stone. Temple walls have paintings of different scenes from Lord's story.
Construction of Sri Dasavataramula temple and the installation of deities Sri Mahavishnu and Sri Satyanarayana Swamy were performed during 1961.
Sri Swarna Venkateswara Swamy Temple was constructed recently by the contributors and Pratista ceremony was performed on August 16, 2009, and it is now under the Temple Management.
Poojas in accordance with ''Saiva Agama'' Sampradayam are being performed at Sri Sahasralingeswara Swamyvaru and Sri Kalabhairava Swamyvaru temples.
Poojas and rituals in accordance with Vaikhanasa Agama Sampradayam are followed at Sri Garutmanta Swamy, Dasavataramulu Temple, Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy, and Sri Swarna Venkateswara Swamy Temple.
Sub Shrines in Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple:
Sri Sahasralingeswara Swamy Temple.
Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple
Sri Garutmanta Swamy Temple
Sri Dasavataramula Temple
Sri Kalabhairava Swamy Temple
Sri Swarna Venkateswara Swamy Temple
1) Cycle / Rickshaw Pooja Rs.10-00/-
2) Two Wheeler Pooja Rs.35-00/-
3) Light Vehicle Pooja Rs.75-00/-
4) Heavy Vehicle Pooja Rs.100-00/-
1) Appalu Rs.200/- per kg
2) Vadamala Rs.400/- per 2kg
3) Chakra Pongali Rs.350/- per kg
4) Pulihora : Rs.200/- per kg
5) Pongali Rs.5-00
6) Laddu Prasadam Rs.10-00/-
7) Pulihora Prasadam Rs.5-00/-
Majour Festivals Celebrated in Sri Sahasralingeswara Swamy:
Sri Rama Navami (Abhishekam, Kalyanam)
Sri Shasralingeswara Swamy (Abhishekam, Archana)
Sri Swarna Venkateswara Swamy brahmotsavam
vinayaka Chavithi (Abhishekam, Poojas)
Karthika Pournami, Samuhika Satyanarayana Vratham
Bogi Festival, Goda Devi Kalyanam
Sahasralingeswar Swamy Temple Address:
Sri Sahasralingeswar Swamy Temple,
Ponnur Town and Mandalam,
Andhra Pradesh - 522124.
Office Phone Number: 08643 -247099.