DONTs and Dos at Kukke Shree Subrahmanya Temple:
Kukke Shree Subrahmanya Temple DON`Ts:
Devotees should not enter the temple without taking bath.
Devotees should not wear shirt, Pant, coat, vests and caps.
Materials made of animal skin, Umbrella or Sticks are not allowed in the temple.
Devotees should not enter the temple with an oiled head.
Devotees with uncomfortable injuries are not allowed inside the temple.
Pregnant ladies should not perform the Dosha Nivarana poojas in the temple.
Also avoid visiting temple where Dosha Nivarani Poojas are performed.
People suffering from epilepsy or madness should not enter the temple.
Kukke Shree Subrahmanya Temple Do’s:
Only Tradition dress – Dhoti for men and Saree for woman.
Do take head bath before visiting any Vaishnava temple.
Naga Dosha Nivarana pooja should be performed Eight days before and after the menstruation.
Important Festivals at Kukke Shree Subrahmanya Temple:
1) From Karthika Bahula Dwadashi Margashira Shuddha Dwadashi – Champa Shashti Rathothsava
2) Pushya Shuddha Shashti – Kirushashti Utsava
3) Magha Shuddha Sapthami – Ratha Sapthami Utsava
4) Makara Sankramana – Kukke Linga Jatra
5) Mesha Sankramana – Vishu Sankramana Utsava
6) Magha Bahula Thrayodashi – Maha Shivarathri
7) Sharavana Shuddha Panchami – Nagara Panchami
Kukke Shree Subrahmanya Temple Timings:
Morning: 6:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Afternoon: 3:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Mangala Harathi: 12:00 AM to 7:30 PM
Kukke Shree Subrahmanya Temple Postal Address:
Kukke Shree Subrahmanya Temple,
Subrahamanya Post, Sullia Taluk,
Dakshina Kannada District,
Karnataka – 574238
91-8257- 281224 (Office)
91-8257-281265 (Protocol Section)
91-8257-281300 (Sarpa Samskara Section)
91-8257-281400 (Information Center)
Fax No: 91-8257-281800
E-mail: [email protected]