Journey from Alipiri to Tirumala
Alipiri foot of the Hills: The foot path in the beginning of 20th century. The stone steps were laid by Matla Anantharaya in 1625 A.D. The Electric connection was given by the last Mahanth Prayagadasji in20th century. Electric polls and lights are seen.
Garuda Statue: As soon as the pilgrims reach Alipiri, the first and foremost royal welcome he or she gets is for none other than the gigantic statue of Garuda with folding arms which attracts the eyes of millions. Garuda the Lord of Aves, occupies a significant place with his undetered association with Lord Venkateswara in every way starting from being his favorite Vehicle to occupying the pride place in flag mast during Brahmotsavams of Lord.
Well built by Karavetippu Pulialwar in Alipiri
Padala Mandapam: This is the temple of Lord Venkateswara situated in Alipiri, which means the holy feet of Lord. As per the Hindu Santana Dharma, a pilgrim should witness the grandeur of Lord from geet to head. Since the feet to Head. Since the feet of Lord in hill temple of Lord Venkateswara are covered, the pilgrims offer prayers to Padala Venkateswara swamy located in Alipiri. The pilgrims offer their prayers to the deity and carry the shoes that are believed to be wore by Lord on their head.
The Figure of Kumbara Bhima: Potters wheel in the right upper corner. The potters hammer Kumbara Bhima his wife and children. (This can be seen outside the steps after 40 steps uphill of Madhya Gopuram)
Laksminarayana Alaya Gopuram. Gopuram built by Saluva Narasimharaya is seen in the background.
Agra Gopuram Gali Gopuram also build by him.
Tirumala Temple Old Photos