Mahabrityunjaya Mantra Story:
The Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra was found by Rishi Markandeya. It was a secret mantra, and Rishi Markandeya was the only one in the world who knew this mantra. The Moon was once in trouble, cursed by King Daksha. Rishi Markandeya gave the Mahamritryunjaya Mantra to Sati, Daksha’s daughter, for the Moon. This is how this mantra became known which according to another version is the Bija mantra as revealed to Rishi Kahola that was given by Lord Shiva to sage Sukracharya who taught it to Rishi Dadicha who gave it to King Kshuva through whom it reached the Shiva Purana.
It is also called the Rudra mantra, referring to the furious aspect of Lord Shiva; the Tryambakam mantra, alluding to Shiva’s three eyes; and it is sometimes known as the Mrita-Sanjivini mantra because it is a component of the “life-restoring” practice given to the primordial sage Sukracharya after he had completed an exhausting period of austerity. Its Devata is Rudra or Lord Shiva in his fiercest and most destructive roopa or aspect. In the Vedas it finds its place in three texts – (a) the Rig veda VII.59.12, (b) the Yajur Veda III.60, and (c) the Atharva Veda XIV.1.17.
Mahabrityunjaya Mantra MP3:
Tryambakam Mantra English:
Om Tryambhakam Yajamahe
Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam |
Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritat ||
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Meaning:
Om. We pray The Three-Eyed Lord Shiva who is fragrant and who increasingly nourishes the devotees. Worshipping him may we be liberated from death for the sake of immortality just as the ripe cucumber easily separates itself from the binding stalk.
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Importance/Benifits:
It is the collection of high-energy words when chanted in proper rhythm creates positive and divine vibrations around the body of the chanter which acts as a protective shield for the devotee.
- Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is the life-saving mantra from untimely death or any fear.
- This is the most powerful healing mantra which has been adopted from ancient times till now.
- It has the power to give health, wealth, peace, prosperity, or salvation by first eliminating all the problems.
- It has been tested on patients when all medical treatments failed and chanting or playing the mantra around the patient has done wonders in their lives.
- The divine vibrations of this mantra are not only for treating diseases but also removes any fear, anxiety, or mental illness and keeps away from any negative energy.
- This mantra brings happiness, peace, calmness, and consciousness in the mind of a chanter.
- It will work in subtle ways, not necessarily it will affect directly in materialism. but it will give you enough mental strength, power, and virtues of Lord Shiva.
- This is also called Moksha Mantra where one can connect with the highest supreme with the help of this mantra. Understand the meaning of the last line of the mantra which says freedom from the cycle of life-death and attain salvation.
- Devotee receives blessings of Lord Shiva which is the most beautiful thing.
This mantra is self-sufficient in every aspect whose glory can not be described in this post.