Shiva Vishnu Temple of South Florida Hours:
Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Shiva Vishnu Temple of South Florida History:
In 1996, we began the construction of a traditional Dravidian-style temple under the direction of Chief Architect Dr. Ganapati Sthapati of Chennai India, a well-known temple builder of international renown. After obtaining adequate permits, construction began in April 1999. Twelve shilpis from Mahabalipuram, India, arrived in April 2000 to begin the Indianization of the temple.
The temple complex has two new buildings. The front building is the traditional temple building with two Raja Gopurams (entrance towers) and two Vimana Gopurams (towers) above each of the main Shiva and Vishnu Garbagrahas (shrines). The total area of the temple is approximately 6,200 square feet. The temple’s architectural style belongs to Chola, and Pallava dynasty period (10th century) for Shiva and Parivar shrines, and the period of the Vijayanagara dynasty (12th century) for the Venkateshwara and Parivar shrines. The Ayyappa Shrine is built according to the Kerala architectural style.
The second building at the back is the community hall, which opened in April 2001. It has a capacity of 300 people and can be rented for weddings, various celebrations and cultural activities.
Mahakumbhabhishekam and Pranaprathishtapana of our new temple were held from 23 to 25 November 2001 and are now open to the public. We have four well-trained priests from India who offer daily services in the tradition of Shiva Agama and Pancharathra Agama.
South Florida Shiva Vishnu Temple Deities:
Sri Venkateshwara Swamy
Sri Anjaneya Swamy
The temple is located in Broward County, which is located in South Florida.
- Please follow these protocol inside the temple.
- Maintain silence and control your children.
- No smoking, drinking or eating inside the temple.
- Place your foot wear at the designated area on both sides of the temple
- Alcohol, smoking and non-vegetarian food is not allowed anywhere in the temple campus.
- Keep the temple campus clean.
- Wear traditional Indian clothes if possible. Wearing shorts is discouraged for any one over 12 years of age.
- Please do not touch any of the deities.
- Place your cash donations in the Hundi.
- Payment for services should be paid preferably by check and ask for a receipt.
- Chairs are available to be used only by disabled people and should not be removed from the back wall.
- No photography and videography allowed inside the temple.
- Please turn off your cell phone and beepers.
Shiva Vishnu Temple Services at Temple:
Ashtotra Archana $10.00
Trishati Archana $15.00
Suvarnapushpa Archana $25.00
Sahasranama Archana $25.00
Sathyanarayana Pooja Full Moon Days $35.00
Abhishekam to any Deity on Scheduled day $51.00
Vahana Pooja $35.00
Sankatahara Chathurthi / Pradhosham /Navagraha Pooja (Temple Sponsored) $25.00
Kalyanothsavam (Temple sponsored) $51.00
Kalyanothsavam (private sponsorship) $251.00
Shiva Vishnu Temple Services at Old Temple Hall:
Sathyanarayana Pooja Regular Days $101.00
Ayushya Homam $151.00
Navagraha Homam $151.00
Kalyanam* (Wedding) (includes Gurudakshina) $850.00
Tharpanam or Hiranya Srardham $51.00
Wedding Engagement* $151.00
Shiva Vishnu Temple Services at Home:
Sathyanarayana Pooja Regular Days $151.00
Ayushya Homam $175.00
Navagraha Homam $175.00>
Kalyanam* (Wedding) (includes Gurudakshina) $1,000.00
Tharpanam or Hiranya Srardham $101.00
Wedding Engagement* $201.00
Flowers and Fruits are requested for Services.
Acharya Sambhavam (offering to the priest is optional) is not included in the fees above.
For home services devotees must provide to and from transportation to the priest.
To sponsor any services and availability of date and time, please contact the priest
at (954) 689-0471 * Additional Hall rental fees.
Shiva Vishnu Temple of South Florida Address:
5661 Dykes Road Southwest Ranches,
Phone: (954) 689-0471