Lord Dattatreya, Datta or Dattaguru or Duttatreya is the incarnation of Lord Brahma, Sri Maha Vishnu and Lord Shiva in one form. The Lord incarnated on this earth in this way to free men from the clutches of ignorance and to illuminate their hearts with the light of wisdom and spiritual joy. Here is a collection of Lord Dattatreya’s mantras that can help devotees achieve anything and everything in life.
The most powerful Dattatreya mantra:
“Shri Gurudev Datta” Recommended By Colombia
Shri is the symbol of prosperity and auspiciousness. Gurudev refers to the Lord as the Master of the entire universe. Datta is the combined form of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
Very popular Dattatreya mantra:
‘Digambara Digambara Shrīpad Vallabh Digambara’
The Lord has venerated feet and is adorned with the dress of the universe. He roams everywhere with ultimate grace and brilliance blessing the worlds with happiness and prosperity.
Guru Datta Mantra:
“Hari Om Tat Sat Jai Guru Datta”
I perceive Lord Dattatreya as the supreme reality and the master of the whole universe.
Importance of Chanting Lord Dattatreya Mantra:
The problems faced in life due to the curse of ancestors are called as Pitrudosh or Pitru Shaap. Almost every individual born on this earth suffers due to pitrudosh in some form or the other. Pitrus are the souls of the departed ancestors from our families which are struck in the middle world called as Martyaloka and Bhuvarloka. Some of the effects of Pitru dosh include absence of progeny, inability to get married, disharmony in family life, birth of premature babies, etc. Chanting Dattatreya mantra is a sure way to escape the ill-effects of Pitru dosh in our lives.
How to Chant Lord Dattatreya Mantra:
- The number of chanting Dattatreya mantra depends on the severity of the ancestral curse on the lives of individuals.
- Start the mantra “Shri Gurudev Datta” and chant it for about 30 minutes a day. Gradually increase the count to cover 2 hours a day through the passing days.
- For severe problems chant the mantra for 45 minutes during the start of the chanting regime and then increase it to about 4 hours daily.
- If you experience severe problems due to Pitru dosh, do Narayana Nagbali, Nagbali, Kalsharp Shanti and Tripindi Shradha along with the chanting of this mantra.
- Dattatreya mantra benefits, The Dattatreya mantra provides a kind of shield around the chanters and protects us from the problems caused by the ancestors. The effects of Pitrudosh and Pitru Shaap gradually decline when chanting this mantra.
- Dattatreya mantra can relieve the souls of ancestors that are struck in some heavenly planes and lead them in their journeys to heavens. Since these souls cannot help themselves, we can help them by chanting the mantra on their behalf staying on the earth.
- Since Lord Dattatreya is the combined form of Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva – the Hindu trinity, this form is a highly powerful one in blessing the devotees with abundance, prosperity and happiness.
- Chanting this mantra can help in attaining all the desires of an individual.