Virginia Jain Temple Timings:
6.30 AM to 9.00 PM
About Virginia Jain:
Welcome to the Jain Temple of Virginia ( 25 Miles from White House), a USA based non-profit organization, where we aim to have locally accessible organization for northern and southern Virginia Jains to worship together and achieve all goals mentioned in Bylaws. The Sangh was started with our founder trustee’s Sashan Devi Padmavati Mata dream. We have incorporated a non-for profit Virginia organization on July 9, 2013 to achieve our goal of teaching and passing down the values of Jain religion to our children and grandchildren. We bought Chantilly 5000sq. feet space on March 18th, 2014 and within 100 days we complete all constructions work for derasar. The pratishtha ceremony was done on June 29th 2014. We have Mulnayak Shankheshwar Pashwanath (Anjansalaka), Adinath Bhagwan & Mahavir Swami Bhagawan on two sides (Anjansalaka), Padmavati Devi (Anjansalaka), Ghantakaran Mahavir , Gautam Swami & Simandhar Swami Deri & 24 Tirthankaras in Bhoomti in derasar. It’s Miracle Temple as Sangh Sthapana to Derasar Pratishtha was completed in just One year.
We got tremendous support, motivation and money to make this project successful. Please look at Derasar and Future plan page under activities for more detail. The basis of Jainism is Humanity. With an increasing environment of violence and tension, human beings are realizing a value of humanity (LIVE, LET LIVE AND HELP TO LIVE) and significance of adopting a way of living life based on Jainism. Any human being can join as a member of any kind -donating, ordinary, life and foundation member to take maximum advantage of all religious and humanity activities. Please look at member’s corner for forms and Bylaws. We are thankful to JAINA and other organization trustees for their continuous support and motivations.
HUMANITY MATTERS AND IS A PART OF ALL RELIGIONS:
Blessed to Jain Temple of Virginia Jainism does not contemplate pecuniary gain or profit and shall be operated exclusively for humanity, religious, and charitable purposes, and the specific purposes for which the Corporation is organized are:
1) The basis of Jainism is Humanity. With an increasing environment of violence and tension, human beings is realizing a value of humanity (LIVE, LET LIVE AND HELP TO LIVE) and significance of adopting a way of living life for future generation based on JAIN TRIPLE AAA PHILOSOPHY:AHIMSA : Non-Violence for promoting World peace & conservation of environmental resources
ANEKANT : Peaceful Conflict Resolution by appreciating differing point of view; and
APARIGRAHA : Support Voluntary Discipline, protection & discourage wasteful consumerism
2) To encourage understanding and unity between different communities and faith irrespective of color and religion through the practice of Humanity, Harmony, Inter-Faith, tolerance and compassion. This is the time for Jain community to represent their identity on the world stage based on unity among them.
3) To get counseling status at the U.N. and other agencies like UNICEF, UNSECO, WHO, FAO, Asian Development Bank and World Bank to support objectives of peace, tolerance, co-operation, Social Harmony, environmental protection and elimination of mistrust, hatred and suspicion among various communities and nation by encouraging jain way of life, jain ethics and jain philosophy.
4) To organize and participate in International conference, events, seminars, conventions of different faith, traditions and social aspects of life in order to collaborate with various faith and traditions and promote awareness of jain religion and principles.
5) To participate in helping human beings at the time of natural calamities like flood, droughts, cyclones, earthquakes, etc., and help needy and sick people in any capacity.
6) To develop special program for youth, women and children for coaching in their hearts and minds global obligation to the culture of Humanity, Harmony, Compassion, Co-operation and peaceful co-existence.
7) To establish and maintain a place of worship and community facilities for Swetamber Jain for religious, educational, social, interfaith, and cultural and such other related activities.
8) To celebrate auspicious Jain events and festivals and arrange lectures, seminars, educational classes and other programs.
9) In order to prosecute the objects and purposes above set forth, the Corporation shall have full power and authority to perform every act necessary for the accomplishment of religious, charitable, educational and other purposes that qualify under Section 501(C)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 and the corresponding provisions of all future Internal Revenue Codes.
10) Upon dissolution, the assets remaining after paying the debts and obligations of the organization shall be distributed as approved by the General Body for qualifying religious organizations which have established their tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
Virginia Jain Address:
3656 Centerview Dr Unit 5,