There are no Hindu inscriptions that suggest buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya day. Instead, it is recommended to give food to the Brahmins and provide for the needy. It is also advised to worship the caste deity at home.
Akshaya Tritiya is a significant day in the Hindu calendar, and it is celebrated on the third day of the waxing moon in the month of Vaishakha. It is believed that on this day, the sun and the moon are in exalted positions, making it an auspicious time for new beginnings, investments, and wealth creation. Many people choose to start new businesses, make important purchases, or invest in property on this day.
Additionally, it is believed that any charitable acts performed on this day will have lasting benefits. Overall, Akshayatritiya is a time to focus on creating abundance and prosperity while also giving back to those in need.
Special about Akshaya Tritiya Day
- Parasurama’s Birthday
- The day when the holy river Ganga touched the earth
- Tretayuga etc. day
- The day Sri Krishna met his childhood friend Kuchel
- The day Sage Vyasa started writing “Maha Bharata” with the help of Lord Vinayaka.
- The day Surya Bhagwan gave the “Akshaya Patra” to the exiled Pandavas.
- The day when Shiva was prayed to and Kubera was appointed as the custodian of all wealth with Sri Mahalakshmi.
- The day when Adi Shankara said “Kanakadharastavam”.
- The day Annapurna Devi assumed her avatar
- The day Lord Krishna saved Draupadi from Dusshasan.
- Simhadri Appanna Chandanotsavam is also held on that day.