Mavullamma Temple is an ancient temple located in Bhimavaram, West Godavari district. Mavullamma is the Gramadevata and purnas says that Mavullamma idol appearance in the year 1200 AD but the writing on the marble in temple says 1880 AD. As per the mythology, Goddess Mavullamma appeared in the dream of Marella Machiraju and Grandhi Appana and revealed her location. As directed by the goddess, the two devotees removed the sand and found the Idol in the mango farm. Marella Machiraju and Grandhi Appana built the temple for the Goddess in the year 1880 AD. As the goddess was found in a Mango farming land the Goddess was called as Mamillamma, later as Mavullamma.
Poojas in Mavullamma Temple:
Early Morning Poojas: Bala Bhogam, Sahasra Kumkum Archana
Evening Poojas: Pancha Harati, Sahasra Namarchana and Vedaparayanam
Mavullamma Goddess will be decorated as Sakambari during Ashada Suddha Pournami.
In the annual festival (Jatara), Mavullamma is decorated with golden Saree.
Bhimavaram Sri Mavullamma Ammavari Temple Timings: 5.00 am to 12.00 Noon and 1.00 pm to 9.00 pm.
Bheemavaram Mavullamma Temple Darsanam / Pooja Timings:
1) Temple opens at 5:00 AM
2) Ammavari Sarva Darshanam: 5.10 AM
3) Asttothara Pooja: 5.15 AM
4) Bala bogam: 5:50 AM
5) Panchaharathulu: 6:00 AM
6) Sahasranama Kumkuma Pooja: 9:00 AM
7) Avasara Nivedana: 10:00 AM
8) Rajabhoga Mahanivedana: 12:00 PM
9) Visranthi: 12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM
10) Ammavari Vari Sarva Darshanam: 1:00 PM
11) Astothara Panchaharathi Pooja: 5.30 PM
12) Avasara Nivedana: 5.30 PM
13) Panchaharathulu: 6:00 AM
14) Chaturveda Svasthi: 6.15 PM
15) Sahasranama Kumkuma Pooja: 7:00 PM
16) Temple Close at 9:00 PM
Sevas and Daily Pooja’s at Bheemavaram Mavullamma Temple:
1) Sahasra Namarchana Rs.25.00
2) Ghatam Rs.10.00
3) Return Saree Charges Rs.10.00
4) Thulabharam Rs.50.00
5) Saswata Pooja Rs.1116.00
6) Ashtottara Pooja (to Vigneswara Swamy) Rs.10.00
7) Nithya Pooja (to Vigneswara Swamy) Rs.30.00
8) Dasara Sahasra Namarchana Rs.250.00
9) Dasara Special Pooja Rs.500.00
10) Nithya Pooja (Monthly once) Rs.50.00
11) laksha kumkuma Archana (Monthly once) Rs.1116.00
12) Chandi Homam for every Pournami Rs.516.00
13) Nithya Pooja (Yearly once as mentioned by the Devotee) Rs.500.00
Cycle Pooja Rs.10.00
Two Wheeler Pooja Rs.50.00
Auto, Lorry, Van Rs.100.00
Prasadam Sold at Mavullamma Temple:
Laddu Prasadam 80 grams Rs.10.00
Pulihora Prasadam 150 grams Rs.5.00
Festivals Celebrated in Bhimavaram Mavullamma Temple:
1) Sri Mavullamma Ammavari Jatara
3) Jestamasa Jatara
4) Shakambari Utsavalu
5) Ganapathi Navratri
6) ఆశ్వయుజ మాసంలో శరన్నవ రాత్రులు
7) Ammavari Mandala Deekshadarana Pooja
Mavullamma Temple Distance:
From Hyderabad 406 km via Tadepalligudem.
From Chennai 587 km via Nellore – Kavali – Ongole.
From Vijayawada 136 km via Tadepalligudem.
From Visakhapatnam 265 km via Rajahmundry – Nidadavolu – Tadepalligudem.
Bhimavaram Mavullamma Temple Address:
Sri Mavullamma Ammavari Temple,
West Godavari District,
Andhra Pradesh – 534201.
Office Phone: 08816-239505/ 232598