Kolhapur Mahalakshmi Temple Daily Schedule:
4:00 AM – Opening of the Temple Entrance Gate
4:00 AM – to 4:30 AM Ghantanaad (Ringing of the bell)
4:45 AM – Opening of Main Door by the High Priest (Hakkadar Pujari) for that day
5:30 AM – Padhya Pooja (Washing the feet of the idol Goddess Mahalaxmi by Milk)
5:45 AM – Kakada Aarati of the Goddess Mahalaxmi
8:30 AM – Ghantanaad (Ringing of the bell) and Snan Abhishek (Bathing of the main idol. Goddess Mahalaxmi)
9:30 AM – Aarati and Shankh Trith
11:30 AM – Ghantanaad and Abhishek (Milk Bathing of the main idol: Goddess Mahalaxmi)
12:30 to 1:00 PM – Aarati and Shankh Tirth
1:30 to 2:30 PM – Alankar Pooja: Salankruti
(i:e: Goddess is decorated with beautiful Gold ornaments, Sari and Blouse) This Pooja is kept upto 8:30 PM – in the evening
8:00 PM – Ghantanaad (Ringing of the bell)
8:15 PM – Aarati
8:30 PM – to 9:00 PM – Mantrapushp and removing the Alankar (Gold ornaments) and simple Pooja is performed
10:00 PM – Ghantanaad (Ringing of the bell)
10:15 PM – Shejarati (Last Aarti of the day)
10:30 PM – Temple’s Doors are closed
Kolhapur Mahalakshmi Temple Other Rituals:
- Every Friday at 9:30 PM- Devichi Palakhi (Procession idol of Goddess Mahalaxmi is taken for a Procession on Palainquin)
- On every Chaitra Pratipada – Procession idol of Goddess Mahalaxmi is taken out for a Procession on Chariot and Palainquin at 9:30 PM (Nagar Pradakshana).
- Procession of the Idol Goddess Mahalaxmi is carried out in Palainquin on every full Moon (Poornima) of Ashwin, Kartik, Margshirsh, Paush and Magh at 9:30 PM
- Procession idol of Goddess Mahalaxmi is taken out for a Procession on Palainquin, daily during Navratri Ashwin pratipada upto Dasara Festival.
- Mahaprasad is distributed to thousands of Devotees after 12:00 Noon on Ashwin Poornima /full Moon day.
- Abhishek and Kumkumarchan (Bathing the idol of Goddess Mahalaxmi with Milk and applying Kumkum on to the feets of the idol), are allowed to perform by male devotees only between 5:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- From Narakchaturdashi to Kartik Poornima the Temple is opened at 2:00 AM and Kakada Aarati is performed.
- On Kirnostav the Sun rays fall on Goddess Mahalaxmi Idol during Sunset. Kirnostav Dates are November: 9, 10, 11 and January: 31 February 1, 2.
Kolhapur Mahalakshmi Temple Location:
B Ward, C Ward,
Maharashtra – 416012.