Sri Rama or Sri Ram or Sri Raman or Sri Ramar or Sri Ramachandra is a Hindu deity. He is the seventh and one of the most popular avatars of Sri Maha Vishnu. In Rama-centric traditions of Hinduism, he is considered the Supreme Being. Rama was born to Kaushalya and Dasharatha in Ayodhya, the ruler of the Kingdom of Kosala. His brothers are Lakshmana, Bharata, and Shatrughna.
Sri Rama took the form of a human being to show exemplary qualities for others to follow.
- Meritorious and heroic.
- Well-versed in Dharma.
- Grateful to those who had rendered assistance to Him.
- True in speech and steadfast in His vows.
- Endowed with good Character.
- Kind and sympathetic.
- Endowed with vast knowledge.
- Having a pleasing personality attracts all.
- Good control over anger and wrath.
- Protector of all who surrenders unto Him- SaranagataVatsala.