According to Vedic astrology, Rahu does not have any sign of its own. Rahu is friendly with Saturn, Mercury and Venus. It is neutral towards Mars and Jupiter. Sun and Moon are Rahu’s enemies; Rahu is more unfavourable to Sun than to Moon.
When there are problems related to Rahu and during the dasa or antardasa of Rahu do the following:
1) Worship Lord Bhairava or Lord Shiva.
2) Recite the Rahu stotra.
3) Chant Rahu beeja mantra: “Om bhram bhreem bhroum sah rahave namah” – 18000 times in 40 days.
4) Recite the Kalabhairav asthakam.
5) Donate: Udad dal or coconut on Saturdays.
6) Fasting on Saturdays.
7) Puja: Bhairav or Shiva or Chandi Puja.
8) Wear an eight mukhi Rudraksha.
9) One of the most effective remedy is recitation of the first chapter of Durga Saptasati.