Rahu indicates unGodly activity, adultery, faulty logic, sinful deeds and wickedness. Also, Rahu flashes royal status, pilgrimage, foreign residence and old age. In addition, Rahu signals poison, snakes, reptiles. Rahu denotes air, space, sudden disaster, difficult terrain and south-west direction. Rahu causes chronic and incurable diseases, insanity, phobias, snake bites, wounds that cannot be healed and others.
Rahu is said to be in unfavourable positioned or is associated with unfavourable planets or if it is situated in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th house.
Remedies for benefits of Rahu:
1) Wear Gomed on Saturday or Wednesday in silver ring touching the skin. Wear the ring after purifying it with water and milk. Mantra of Rahu is “Om Raang Rahavay Namhe’
2) Wear sikka ring.
3) Keep Lucky Gajraj at home.
4) Do the remedy of that planet where Rahu is placed in the horoscope.
5) Give wheat, green leaves to an elephant.
6) Wear elephant tooth locket or bangle.
7) Wear root of white Chandan as a taabiz on Saturday.
Remedies for unfavourable Rahu:
1) Do japa of Rahu mantra 108 times daily.
2) Wear or keep at home Rahu talisman.
3) Offer Belpatra and flower of Dhatura to Lord Shiva.
4) Eat food in iron vessel.
5. Give articles related to Rahu on Saturday. These include blue and brown cloth, wheat, mirror, black til [sesame seeds], oil, iron, blanket etc.
6) Give chapatti to a black dog on Saturday.
7) Burn google daily at home. Do Bharav or Devi puja.
8) Do not wear black clothes on Saturday.
9) Give jaun [barley] dough balls to fishes or jaun to poor people on Saturday.
10) Give in charity articles of elephant tooth.
11) Give donations at sun and moon eclipse time and do mantra japam.
12) Take medicine bath with medicines related to Rahu.
13) Keep wheat under a heavy article in a big place.
14) Wash wheat with milk and throw it in a river